Hide / Suppress “Protocol cannot be switched to HTTPS; HTTPS is not configured/active”; “No switch to HTTPS occured, so it is not secure to send a password”
Tip: Hide Suppress warning “No switch to HTTPS occurred, so it is not secure to send a password” on login screen.
- Is turning it off safe. Well for internal non-productive systems clean-text Ethernet “password sniffers” may not be worth the efforts of the CIA or even bored internal staff.
- Naturally for external facing systems and any production system, https should always be used. To enable See Note 1527879 which refers to this document
- Further information in note 1590454
Example Warning Message
How to Stop Display of the Above Warning Messages
- Use /nSICF navigate to the respective service sap/bc/webdynpro .
- Change/Modify the service.
- Go to table “Error Pages” choose the”Configuration Button”
- Change protocol to “Do Not Switch” and select the check box “Do Not Display Warnings”.
Then “Save as Global Setting” button
Now test service again (you may need to restart the icf services /nsmicm)
No display of the warning messages.
(Remember this is only for non-productive systems, without sensitive data, presenting to the internal network only, just consider the worst case, somebody did get there hands on your bosses password, is this a problem? If it is then https is required)