SAP AUTOMATION / TEST DATA CREATION
As an ABAP programmer we are many times in need of Test Data and the functional consultants are normally offshore and busy. The result is mail trail which is really time consuming and for every test data developer is dependent on functional consultant.
They show us how to create a Test Data using Team viewer ,Office Communicator etc
Suppose we miss an entry we are not able to recreate the Test Data
I had such an experience ,I had to create a outbound delivery .User explained how to create the test data But then instead of just watching it I asked him to record it using this tool. I played the record N times to create the test data N number of times
This tool is meant to automate the Repetitive Tasks …
Tool :— SAP GUI SCRIPTING
SAP GUI Scripting is an automation interface which is available in SAP. It enhances the capabilities of SAP GUI.
Using this interface, end users may automate repetitive tasks by recording and running macro-like scripts. It is
shipped with SAP GUI 6.20 and later versions and compatible with all R3 versions currently supported by SAP and
applications built on top of WEB AS 6.10 to 6.40
Get Set Ready…. Action
Ask the User to Record the Test Data Session as Follows
2. Select Script Recording and Playback option
3. Click On More Button. Enter the FileName as as required and then click on Record button to start recording the Script.
4. Ask The User to Create The Test Data and Script will Keep recording the same.
6. You can use This VB script file and press play button and create as many Test records as possible
7. Yes and If you want to send this VBS file to anyone just Rename and save it as .Txt file as Ur email severs and firewalls may block script file
8. Yes VB scripts are faster way of Doing repetitive Tasks You Can also Interface this Excel File and fetch the Data from Excel It may require little knowledge on Excel Or VBS Side