SAP SuccessFactors Hybrid HCM customers are those customers who use SAP for Core HR and SuccessFactors for one or more of the talent management, social collaboration, planning and analytics applications.

If you are such a customer, there are seven sessions that will be very valuable for you at HR Insider 2013 at Las Vegas. The sessions are delivered or moderated by experts in each area. The sessions that I recommend for you are..

1. An introduction to SuccessFactors solutions for HR and their integration with SAP ERP HCM

Dennis Villahermosa, SuccessFactors and Margit Bauer, SAP AG

Monday, February 25, 2013 9:00 am – 12:00 pm

2. An introduction to the integration between SAP and SuccessFactors

Margit Bauer, SAP AG
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:00 pm – 4:15 pm

3. Cloud or on-premise? A learning management system perspective

Sharon Wolf Newton, hyperCision
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:00 pm – 2:15 pm

4. Attract, engage, and select with recruiting functionality from SuccessFactors and SAP

Parvathy Sankar, SAP AG
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:45 pm – 4:00 pm

5. Compensation management: Cloud and on-premise

Paul Hopkins, SAP AG
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:15 am – 11:30 am

6. Panel discussion: Leading experts share insights for successfully integrating SAP and SuccessFactors

Margit Bauer, SAP AG; Panelists: Praveen Kaushik, Infosys Limited; Michelle Bliffen, University of Kentucky; Vivek Mahajan, hyperCision
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:15 pm – 5:30 pm

7. Customer discussion forum: Coca-Cola shares lessons from its hybrid deployment of SAP ERP HCM and SuccessFactors

Bob Shank, Coca-Cola Refreshments Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:45 pm – 4:00 pm

Praveen Kaushik from Infosys and I will join Bob at this Panel discussion.

SAP SuccessFactors Hybrid Integration Experts
you could connect with…

Paul Hopkins
Paul is my colleague and is the solution owner for the compensation integration. Connect with him if you are a SuccessFactors compensation customers using SAP HCM. Ask Paul about the compensation integrations and share your thoughts with him.

Parvathy Sankar

Paru is my colleague and is the solution owner for recruiting. Connect with her if you are a SuccessFactors recruiting customer using SAP HCM. Ask her about the upcoming recruiting integration with SAP HCM and share your thoughts with her.

Sharon Wolf Newton
Sharon is the CEO of hyperCision. She and her colleagues are helping companies move from SAP Training and Event Management and SAP Enteprise Learning to SuccessFactors Learning. Her session will help you decide on the route you can take and how she can help you with the migration of both content and technology. She co-authored the book SAP Enterprise Learning along with me and is an authority on Learning Management and Qualifications. Sharon and her team are also building custom integrations for customers to suit their unique needs.

Praveen Kaushik

Praveen is a Principal at Infosys, an SAP partner and customer. He and his team are piloting SuccessFactors Compensation integration with SAP HCM. Ask him about his experience implementing the integration and how he can help you with your implementation.

Margit Bauer
Margit is my colleague and is the solution owner for performance management and learning management. If you have questions or inputs about road maps, contact her.

Clementine Wong

Clementine is with Presence of IT, an SAP and SuccessFactors partner. Clementine and her colleagues are implementing a Hybrid solution for customers in Australia. Reach out to her if you are from the area to find out what she is doing and how she can help you.

Prashanth Padmanabhan
I am responsible for SAP SuccessFactors Hybrid HCM solution for the Americas. I will be there at the Ask The Expert session on Tuesday, February 26th evening and will answer questions about how you can move your talent management applications to the cloud while keeping your Core HR applications OnPremise on SAP.

Am I missing an important session or an integration expert who might be there at HR Insider 2013? Let me know. Please leave a comment.

1. Paul Hopkins

Hi Prashanth,

good post (and thanks for the call-out! By the way, I’ll also be doing session #2, taking this over from Margit.

In addition to the sessions you have mentioned, I anticipate the following will also be useful, in terms of helping people understand what things to consider when choosing on-premise, cloud, or hybrid:

– Guidelines for selecting SAP ERP HCM, SuccessFactors, or a hybrid approach (Kellie Fitzpatrick, on Wednesday)

– An independent expert’s guide to talent management: Deployment and integration, on-premise and cloud (Jeremy Masters, pre-conference workshop on Monday afternoon)

– How Remington Arms Company streamlined its performance management process using SAP and SuccessFactors (Donna Gaffney)

Best regards

2. Stephen Burr

I won’t be attending HR2013 in USA this year but recently had the pleasure of being at a UK customer’s presentation about their own experiences of being a SAP HCM customer who uses SuccessFactors for Talent Management.  Although I haven’t heard Coca-Cola’s story, I suspect this will be very information and hence a popular session. It is always great to hear the customer’s perspective.

Few things surprised me about the UK customer’s perspective I heard  … one was the lack of concern over the integration.  It is a big topic of discussion on SCN, but they didn’t see it as a big challenge and had written their own integration (as they started their SAP/SFSF project before the acquisition).  They might make more use of the integration add-ons, as/when appropriate.

One other thing they really highlighted was the difference in the implementation methodology of SFSF (EMPOWER) over the familiar approach to SAP projects they had.  Also the impact of change management (another hot topic on SCN!).

Anyway, all in all, I hope anyone interested in SAP/SFSF reviews your list but in particular takes the opportunity to listen to a customer share their first hand experiences.

Enjoy the conference,

1. Luke Marson

Hi Stephen,

This is really interesting feedback. How many customers were at the event?

It’s interesting to hear that there is no concern about integration, but it also sounds like this comes from customers who have already implemented one or more SuccessFactors solutions. A lot of the worry about integration seems to come from SAP HCM customers who have not yet implemented SuccessFactors and obviously these customers see implementation as quite a big topic. Or maybe they would already have implemented SuccessFactors! 😉

I cover the Empower methodology in my HR Expert report posted below and while I really like the inclusion of Change and Risk management, although one of the big challenges customers will face is having the right partner to help them be successful in executing change and risk strategies. I assume that this was mentioned by your fellow attendees.

I remember at HR2012 in Las Vegas speaking to someone from Hershey’s discuss their implementation experience and strategy towards integration. This was really interesting to me and I hope to speak to many customers at the conference this year.

Best regards,

3. Luke Marson

Hi Prashanth,

Good blog and there is a whole host of sessions on SuccessFactors, so I trust this was not an easy blog to pull together.

Although not centered on integration, I will be discussing my 16k-word HR Expert Special Report on SuccessFactors on Tuesday at 10:30am at the SAPinsider both. The session, SAPexperts LIVE: A consultant’s view of how the SuccessFactors acquisition affects SAP customers, will cover a full range of topics from who is SuccessFactors, why did SAP by them, what is the strategy, whether customers should be concerned, what the products are, how they integrate, what the technology is, how they are implemented, and much more. I won’t be covering too much detail on the products or on integration because these topics are being covered in many of the sessions by your SAP and SuccessFactors colleagues.

I will also be doing the Ask the Experts session on Wednesday (the day after you), so customers can also come and ask me some questions about SuccessFactors integration if they don’t manage to speak to you on Tuesday evening.

I look forward to attending the sessions mentioned in your blog and catching up with you there.

Best regards,