Today, let us talk about an often used functionality in India, Advanced Claims. To give some background, this is an ESS based application which allows customers flexible options to create various claims types based on business requirements.
For example, requirement is to reimburse water bottle expense. Ideal solution will be:
1. Capture number of bottle on an ESS screen as a request
2. Send request created by employee for approval
3. If approved, populate this number in appropriate master data of employee (say Infotype 0015)
Creating such a claim application using advanced claims is matter of few hours, including UI creation and deployment on portal.
Beyond claims, this framework provides options to create new generic applications based on UI (like leave approval or nominee declaration). In this, the entire UI is created dynamically based on customizing and you can implement the code to make it tick. No UI coding necessary. This saves time and effort enabling you can focus on what you need the most – business logic!!
It’s simple, cost effective and provides immediate ROI.
To summarize, some highlights of this solution are:
- Approver based scenario – You can decide which scenarios require approval
- For each scenario, based on requirements, you can set up ‘single level’, ‘multi level’ and ‘multiple approvers at one level’
- The solution provides a flexible way to add new claim types to the Advanced Claims solution.
- Attachments are supported and can either be stored on the SAP servers or an external document management server based on need.
This was a brief history of claims. It is already available, but only for India country version and on a Java based Self Service Solution. But now, this solution is revamped and globalized. It is open for use by different countries, and it runs on ABAP platform. The end result is an improved UI on ABAP.
Let’s explore the feature set of this revamped solution
- Maintenance – This becomes easy as now backend and UI both are on ABAP platform
- Improved performance
- Multi-column screens – The customizing allows you now to have fields aligned left, center or right on the screen, instead of a single stack of fields on the left side of the screen.
- Improved approver process flow – Sequence of screens presented to the approver is optimized for better performance and improved user experience
Traditionally, support of solution has been limited to India country version. We have now opened this to be used by other countries (for eg. Malaysia). Some highlights:
- For Advanced Claims, there is an option to plug in country specific customizing and code as required.
- Generic applications are also supported for use by other countries. This means that you can take advantage of the solution to build custom UI applications for any country solution.
Available in ABAP:
The new UI has been improved and is aimed at better user experience. For existing customers of Java based claims solution, minimal effort is required when migrating to the ABAP based solution in a non disruptive manner.
The ABAP based solution is planned to be made available from EHP6 onwards.