Thanks to Jason Cao for telling me about the Blog It Forward initiative and looping me in to participate! Check out Jason’s video blog where he tagged me to participate. Get more information about Blog It Forward Community Challenge here.
I’m a recent graduate from Simon Fraser University, where I got my BBA in marketing and entrepreneurship with a minor in publishing. I’m currently interning as Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialist at the SAP Vancouver office for mobile BI on the global analytics team. I’m here for 8 months and, wow, I only have 3 months left. That reminds me, anyone looking to hire for social media? 😀
I’ve really enjoyed my time here at SAP because I got the opportunity to work on a ton of different projects:
- The Ultimate Data Geek Challenge and this Data Geek video recap (It’s AWESOME!)
- SAP Vancouver social media channels – Follow us on Twitter (twitter.com/sapvancouver) and Facebook (facebook.com/sapvancouver)!
- The ACT Newsletter, which will be rebranded to Business Intelligence News soon
- Lots of videos on the SAP Analytics TV channel
And many more things!
Outside of SAP:
- I’m currently organizing a social media conference in Vancouver for August 15, 2013. It will be for small business owners, who have little to no knowledge about social media and helping them get more presence online for their brand.
- I’m doing some social media freelance work on the side.
- I have my own YouTube channel called Salinabear with over 9.8 million views and 55k subscribers. I film tutorials on how to cut up your t-shirts into different designs. Take a look at my Salinabear infographic I have up on my website for more details about my channel. I also have photos and videos on my website. 🙂
What inspires you?
Latest obsession is Pinterest, so I’d have to say that a lot of my inspiration comes from browsing pins! I love being creative and crafty so Pinterest is perfect for me since it’s overflowing with craft tutorials and DIY projects. A lot of the times people ask me where I get inspiration for my YouTube channel – I’d have to say it’s from other people’s fashion. Even though most clothes aren’t meant to be DIY, I see it and wonder, “How can I cut up a t-shirt like that?”
What have you accomplished recently that you’re really proud of?
My personal website! I don’t know how many hours I put into it but it look a super long time. I spent all day yesterday (during my long weekend on Chinese New Year) working on it and I’m so happy with how it turned out! It features my personal blog, my portfolios for graphic design, writing and videos, and spotlights my YouTube channel. 😀
If you could be a superhero, who would you be?
I wish I had the superpower to do things really fast! I’d walk/run faster than others, read, do work, clean up, exercise really fast… I’d have so much more time in the day and be super productive! Others will wonder how I do it all… mwuahaha.
Blogging it forward to:
- Nic Smith because he’s my boss and I’d like to be the one telling him to do something for once 🙂
- Sam Ko because he talks about how he wants to start blogging.
- Karl von Beckmann because he likes to brag about his awesome writing skills.
- John Morris because our teams just started working on an initiative together and I’d like to learn more about him!
- Kristen Rigby because she’s interested in getting her team engaged on social media!
You must answer these questions:
- How do you use social media in your personal or work life?
- What was your childhood dream job and why?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?