Why are we still “typing” visit reports?
This is one of the soft targets that can be picked upon in terms of a business process that can be radically simplified and make the user feel significantly unburdened while getting lots of kudos for a CRM solution provider.
A visit report is a report that is generally filed by sales people after completing an interaction with a customer. Similarly, it is also something that can be filed by a service representative after providing service to an existing customer.
Say the end user is a sales person or a service person that just interacted with a customer.
The next action could be as simple as pressing a button on their mobile device and dictating a memo to an appropriate solution on the mobile device, all while driving to the next appointment with an appropriate hands free device in the mix. After this the device and a potential CRM backend communicate and complete the business process of finishing off the visit report.
The solution functionality that I am staring at is:
1. Voice dictation capture capability
2. Voice to text translation
3. Multiple language translation, if and as needed
4. Publishing the translated content onto the business social network within an appropriate context
5. Associating specific keywords in the text of the memo with appropriate business objects to build better context, for e.g. associate name of a customer with the rest of the master data record from the backend information repository
Is this really that difficult in this day and age of advanced computing available on the phablet form factor devices, that are only going to get more powerful over time?