This document provides an overview of the steps that need to be taken to publish and integrate packages.
Publication and integration
What is it?
Publication of packages is the first step towards including the data in a consolidation. It is not possible to integrate a package that has not been published.
Integration of packages prepares the data for inclusion in the consolidation. It does this by copying the data from the Package Data datasource to the Preconsolidation Data datasource.
· Not all package data will be copied into the Preconsolidated Data datasource: this is dependent on settings in the category. Typically subtotal accounts will not be copied across, as these are recalculated during consolidation.
· Only data that is included in the Preconsolidated Data datasource will be included in the consolidation. This includes:
o All integrated data from packages
o All central manual journal entries that have been posted
· The link between the Package Data datasource and the Preconsolidation Data datasource is not dynamic. That means that once you have integrated, the data that is copied into the Preconsolidated Data will stay there until you integrate again.
How to run publication?
In the package manager, highlight the packages you wish to publish and:
· Right-click and select Publish from the pop-up menu
· Click on Actions then Publish
· Click on the icon
You will see the dialog box below:
· Publish without validating packages: this lets you publish the packages as they are. No additional calculations will be run, no controls will be run.
Publish after validating packages: this means that all category calculations will be run, and all controls will be run. As a result any data that is pulled in from outside the package is refreshed, and the package validity will be re-checked.
· Preview of the selection: this shows the list of packages you are about to publish. You can change the following settings for each individual package:
o Level to be complied with: it is possible to change this depending on package settings
o Publication: this can be changed to Advance or Standard
Note that you can change the settings for all packages in one go, also see Publication settings to be applied
· Publish invalid packages by special permission: it is possible to publish a package in Standard mode even if it is invalid, if you apply special permission. This can only be done by users with the rights to publish a package by special permission.
· Publication settings to be applied: you can apply the setting of standard or advance publish to all selected packages in one go using this option.
Once you have selected all your settings, click on OK. All your packages will now be published.
How to run integration?
Once your packages have been published, you can integrate them by taking the following steps:
· Right-click and select Integrate from the pop-up menu
· Click on Actions then Integrate
· Click on the icon
Your packages will now be integrated.