BI ABAP and Java Portal Connectivity Configuration
BI ABAP and Java Portal Connectivity
Applies To : BI ABP 7.0 SP4 and JAVA 7.0
Authors : Mahesh Kumar Mukkawar
Company : Greatship India Limited
This document will contains configuration needs to be done for connecting your BI ABAP stack and JAVA Stack which is useful for publishing dash boards. This configuration also removes error2303 while publishing dashboards from excelcius.
- BI ABAP stack and JAVA stack support patch level should be same
- Parameters login/accept_sso2_ticket=1 and login/create_sso2_ticket=2 are set In instance profile.
- Logon groups PUBLIC and SPACE exists in BI ABAP Stack.
- BI Components are installed on JAVA Stack. ( BI-BASE TABLES, BI-BASE S, BI-IBC, BI-REPLAN, BI-WDALV, BI-MMR, BI-UDI, BI-WEBAPP etc)
- SLD is configured and BI ABAP and JAVA system are added in SLD. Check SLD is up and running properly.
- Check SLD Data Supplier is able to send data and user SLDDSUSER is active. Successful data trigger will show automatic component version in http://SystemName:5nr00/sld
- Single Sign On is configured. If not you can configure from http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27905
- User SAPBIMETA is created and assigned profile S_BW_RFC and roles SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO is assigned to this user.
This connectivity can be done by two ways. One Is manual configuration of connectivity steps. Second Is using template installer which is very easy and this installer will do all steps for you.
To use template installer navigate to path http://SystemName:5nr00/nwa and click on Deploy and change tab.
If BI components are installed you will find BI-Java / Technical configuration of BI-Java (repeatable, reproducible), this template installer will configure all configurations and you need to provide inputs and login credentials.
Clicking on Start button will start installation and it will prompt you for login credentials of BI ABAP stack.
Test JCo Connections
Login into Java Stack / Portal using administrator and navigate to System Administration > Sysetm Configurations > Under System Landscape you will find BI System. Right click on system and check all the connections. If any connection error occurs it will show you error.
Use support desk tool
You can check connectivity test by using support desk tool. Use following url to launch support desk tool.
http://<Host name >:<port numebr>/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.ip.bi.supportdesk.default?
On successful configuration it will show you confirmation success message.
Test RFC Connections
Check connection test and authorization test for RFC from table RSPOR_T_PORTAL. These connections will be created during setup configurations by template installer.
SAP Note 1484847 – “Error #2032” while trying to import BEx query through SAP Netweaver BW connection in Xcelsius
SAP Note 1408384 – Error 2032 – Web Service is not available
SAP Note 1650894 – Using WSNavigator to test the BICSRemote Web Service