This is a beginner hands on guide how to work with data stores.
SAP BusinessObjects Data Services delivers a single enterprise-class solution for Data Integration, Data Quality, Data Profiling, and Text Data Processing that allows us to integrate, transform, improve, and deliver trusted data to critical business processes.
Datastores and Formats
SAP BusinessObjects Data Services supports data extraction from a wide variety of Sources.
- Datastore – Datastores represent connection configurations between the Data Services and databases or applications. We define Datastores so that Data Services can access metadata from a database or application and read from or write to that database or application while the software executes a job. Following are the wide range of Databases and Applications supported by Data Services.
- Databases – ODBC, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, HP Neoview, Informix, Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ, SAP HANA, Netezza, Teredata, Attunity Connector, Data Federator.
- JD Edwards – JD Edwards ERP applications JDE One World, JDE World
- Oracle Applications
- SAP Applications
- SAP BW – SAP BW Source, SAP BW Target => Hands on guide is given for this scenario.
- Siebel -Siebel CRM application system
- Adapters – Java based custom Adapters to access application metadata and data in any application.
- Web Service – The web services datastore works by sending a request and waiting until it receives a reply from a web services server.
- Flat Files – Data Services supports Delimited, Fixed width, SAP transport, Unstructured text & Unstructured binary files.
- DTD -A Document Type Definition describes the data schema of an XML message or file.
- XML Schema – Describes the data schema of an XML message or XML file.
- COBOL Copybook -A COBOL copybook file format describes the structure defined in a COBOL copybook file usually denoted with a .cpy extension.
- Excel Workbook – An Excel workbook format describes the structure defined in an Excel workbook usually denoted with a .xls extension.
Also the Nested Relational Data Model (NRDM) interface allows us to apply the full power of SQL transforms to manipulate, process, and enrich hierarchical business documents.
The Video contains navigation guide only no audio included.
Creating a SAP BW Source Data Store :
Creating a SAP BW Target Data Store :