Binding Multiple Interfaces with PI 7.1 Operations.
This document explains how to integrate multiple interfaces with same Interface configuration by using Operations in Message Interface.
SAP PI7.1 has enabled us to reuse the same Service Interface for “n” different structures. Each service could be independent of the others in terms of Operation Patterns, mode of execution (Asynchronous, Synchronous), and the included messages. However the services are bounded together by the same Category (Abstract, Inbound, Outbound) and Interface Pattern. When ever the interface is executed it dynamically executes the respective interface through the incoming Message structure defined in Operations.
This example scenario is connecting SAP system through a HTTP protocol.
It sends multiple messages; each message should be configured as unique interfaces in PI.
I Repository Objects
Sender Service Interface
- Create only one Sender Interface.
- Select as many operations according to how many interfaces we need.
- Include the Message types/Idoc types in each operations.
Receiver Service Interface
- Connected to SAP systems as IDOC’s. Hence no explicit Receiver Interfaces defined.
- We can create Receiver Service Interfaces according to requirements.
- Create Message mappings as necessary.
- Create the Operational Mapping as below specifying the different Operation and Message formats.
- XML Stock Level Reporting
2. OBDLV Confirm
- II. Configuration Objects.
- Create one Sender Agreement with the Interface as below
- Specify all the outbound interfaces and associate respective objects in single Receiver Determination which varies for each operations. As each operation is a single interface it is routed to all respective outbound interfaces and associated objects.
- Associate the respective mapping and outbound interfaces for respective Operations.
- When we post multiple messages on the same Sender interface – it is associated with its respective message structure and sent to corresponding outbound interfaces.
Example Input XML
Example Output XML