As the global leader in business software, SAP offers the most comprehensive business solution portfolio in the market. With strong investments and focus on cloud in the last years, SAP now has the most comprehensive business solution portfolio. First an foremost, appeal and simplicity characterize the solutions that come with pure cloud or integration options for hybrid deployments. “Rip and Replace “ have never been SAP´s mind set but flexibility and choice for the best run business.
Why should end user care about Integration? Well, co-innovation customers and partner tell us: “single source of truth, accurate data – I can rely on what I see, better customer meetings, faster sales cycles, higher pipeline conversion” exemplifies a Sales Rep´s point of view.
Cloud computing is the future of business that needs speed in business change, and a core part of SAP’s growth strategy.
Cloud stands ultimately for velocity
- Velocity of innovation delivered to end-user
- Velocity of assimilation in dynamic business environments
- Velocity of solution adaptation in changing environments
- Velocity of onboarding, time to value
To achieve this, SAP’s cloud strategy rests on 4 major elements:
- More than 20 applications, designed to be adopted as Line of business Applications in customer´s own pace and sequence. Featured to run independently or complement existing cloud or On Premise solutions — people, customers, suppliers, and money and business which represents a full suite in the cloud
- Cloud stands for Adoption in core/commodity processes today. Increasing the value, SAP offers in addition to core Line of business solutions a fast-growing set of cloud-based industry solutions and special topic solutions. SAP´s industry diversity have always been rated market leading, bringing the value of cloud solutions to our customers’ industry core business is the next logical step in the evolution of the business cloud.
- SAP delivers ‘Social with a Purpose’. Exploding numbers of communication channels, “searching context rather than finding” require the next generation engagement model for the modern employee. SAP Social solutions, leveraging SAP Jam in the fabric of each solution, drives social enterprise capabilities to a adequate level of productivity
- Cloud applications are designed Mobile first, with embedded Analytics and leveraging SAP´s PaaS platform and SAP HANA where appropriate
- Serious Business requires an open platform for customers and partners to rapidly adopt existing and create new applications in a world increased business dynamics.
- SAP evolved the HANA Database Services towards an open platform in the cloud, SAP HANA Cloud, allowing customers, Independent Software Vendors, freelancers and partners to adapt or verticalize existing cloud applications or to create new Apps. The advanced technology allows to build solutions mobile, social, analytical and create them with build-in integration
- Business Network
- The Ariba Network is the preferred network for buying, selling, and/or managing cash with more than 800.000 businesses, operating in 186 countries. This made SAP THE customer choice in the fast-growing segment of inter-enterprise cloud-based business networks
- Nearly 232.000 SAP customers can benefit from pre-built integration points towards the Ariba network
- Lifecycle Management
- Virtualization and private clouds allow customers and partners to immediately benefit from cloud economics. SAP’s virtualization and cloud management solutions open the way to reduce TCO´s whilst safeguard existing investments at minimized disruptions – start their journey into a private cloud environment
- Internal management of cloud solutions via consistent lifecycle-management tools
SAP is in the unique position to offer customers choice. True choice in where and how to adopt cloud based solutions – to complement or innovate existing processes in a non-disruptive mode and at own pace. This opens up the opportunity to all our customers and partners to WIN in the cloud.
And let´s not forget, the beauty is also about consistency and clarity with our cloud strategy – more than many would like to accept that are poking holes – just let the customers and partners proof – we are in this for the long run. Thanks for all the customers, partners and influencers who are helping us to get better every day.
Watch out for Part 2 with a portfolio deep dive and learn more at