Business to business Add-On and Secure connectivity add-on SP1 is released with lot of new enhancements.
Installation: All existing customers who are on SP0 can use standard SAP tools (MOPZ to download the latest SP) and install it using SUM/JSPM tools. All new customers can directly go to SMP, download SP1 from support package and patches area and install it using SUM/JSPM tool. For more details, please refer to SP1 installation guide on SMP. You should have installed SP1 of secure connectivity Add-On first before installing B2B Add-ON.
- Configuration guides (Application Help) is now available at help.sap.com (along with NetWeaver PI documentation). Corresponding links are:
- Installation/Master/EDI Content/Security guides are available at https://service.sap.com/instguides > SAP NetWeaver > SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration, secure connectivity add-on > SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration, secure connectivity add-on 1.0 SP01/business to business add-on SP1
Secure Connectivity Add-on (SFTP PGP Add-on)
- Operating System Command support has been introduced for both the sender and receiver channel.
- Polling interval has been changed from minutes to seconds
- User defined time configuration option has been introduced for duplicate check
- PGP Module has been enhanced to indicate an error in case of wrong choice or missing algorithm instead of choosing default algo.
Business to business Add-on (B2B Add-on)
All Adapters: Acknowledgment handling and Monitoring:
- A new XI message can be created from the received technical acknowledgment. These options are provided in the receiver communication channels of OFTP, AS2 and sender communication channel of X400. The created XI messages can be configured based on receipt of both negative and positive or only negative acknowledgments. Such XI messages are processed by newly introduced special ack sender communication channel modes in AS2, OFTP and X400 adapters.
- Local message monitoring of PI has been enhanced to support monitoring of acknowledgments as well. You can monitor sent/received technical (MDN, ERP, Delivery Reports) acknowledgements and functional acknowledgments (Control, 997) related to the XI messages via local message monitoring. Both consolidated and detailed status views are available. For more details, refer to SAP Note 1815991.
- Now you can search and view all related messages. You can use this option to display all the correlated or referenced messages (Original bulk message and corresponding split messages by EDI Separator, original message and technical acknowledgment messages created as new XI messages).
- MDN, ERP and Delivery Report definitions are shipped as part of ESR content.
- AS2 adapter has been enhanced to provide SHA-2 signature algorithm support for messages and MDNs.
- Incoming HTTP(s) authentication is made mandatory.
- Duplicate message check has been introduced on sender channel with user defined time duration based configuration.
- Duplicate Message check has been introduced on sender channel with user defined time duration based configuration.
- Both sender and receiver channel have been enhanced to provide archiving at different stages (incoming/outgoing raw wired message, encryption/decryption, encoded/decoded).
- Few parameters are made optional in AMD for flexibility.
EDI Separator and Functional Acknowledgments
- Support of CONTRL has been introduced with different levels and flexible configuration options.
- 997 support has been enhanced with multiple configurable options.
- EDI Separator is enhanced to accept any of the four predefined message types EDIFACT, X12, ODETTE, VDA in one communication channel (earlier you had to select from drop down and only once EDI format as supported per receiver communication channel).
New Generic adapter module: New adapter module is introduced that can be used with both sender and receiver channels. It automatically detects the predefined EDI formats supported by SAP and process them accordingly. Now you can use one communication channel for receiving/sending multiple EDI formats.
New Customization UIs: New intuitive UIs have been introduced to maintain, view and customize the EDI content with version control mechanisms. This UI is role based and is restricted by authorized access.
All Converter Modules (including new Generic module) are enhanced to provide new adapter module parameters like encoding, indent, copy etc.
New EDI Content:New EDI messages types have been introduced for VDA (4921) and many more for EDIFCAT. Please refer EDI Content guide available on SMP for more details.
B2B Integration Cockpit: A central page has been created to access all B2B tools (NRO, EDI Content Manager, OFTP Log Viewer). You can access it via http(s)://host:port/b2bic
NRO and Archiving Module: NRO configuration values can now be dyncamically configured/customized by APIs. You can also use these APIs for mass configuration/migration. Archiver module now supports multiple archive files for different use-cases.
Performance Optimizations: Cache optimizations have been done for various EDI converters.