Take your SAP Procurement business suite spend into the Ariba Network with the RDS Adapter available
1.0 Overview: The wait is over
The wait is over and you have what you need to take your SAP Procurement transactions into the Ariba Business Network Cloud with the Rapid deployment solution for the Business suite
With this RDS (Rapid Deployment solution) you now have the power to transact with the Ariba Network seamlessly using SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration component to make that dream a reality. Most customers might have tried and evaluated an option to doing this custom in the past, but now this solution will help realize the strategy of taking the estimated 12Trn SAP Install base procurement spend into the Ariba Network.
The RDS architecture of the solution
2.0 What are the typical business challenges addressed by a Network Hub
Variety of technological options to connect on-Premise system with cloud based Ariba Network and missing experience and best practices can lead to error-prone, time- and labor-intensive customer projects.
The solution to these problems
Customers can now connect their back-end SAP software securely and reliably to the Ariba Network and benefit from pre-configured integration for the procure-to-pay process and Ariba Procurement Content.
How to Download it?
Container for the solution on the SAP Service Marketplace (note: you need to have an SID)
->Login to https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/rds-ariba
->this will lead you to the SWDC path for downloading the RDS contents
3.0 More on the specifics of the Technical Solution deliverable
RDS Solution Overview
Connect your back-end SAP software securely and reliably to the Ariba Network and benefit from pre-configured integration for procure to pay process and best practices for Ariba Procurement Content integration.
- Secure connectivity between SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration software and the Ariba Business Network
- Ariba Network Adapter
- Data mappings for procure-to-pay process to the cXML format needed for the Ariba Network
- Business Suite (MM or SRM) integration with the Ariba Procurement Content
- Comprehensive solution with prebuilt, standard connectivity content to bridge the first mile for end-to-end processes, specifically procure to pay processes
- Single-vendor solution
- Supports customer demand for hybrid business-to-business integration (cloud and on-premise integration)
- Fast and secure integration with the Ariba Business Network
- Trading Partner Performance Tracking and Reporting
Detailed scope of mappings delivered
The high-level process steps involved to stand the solution
- Deployment of the Ariba Network Adapter
- Deployment of mapping templates from IDOC into Ariba cXML document format
- Configuration of SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration and the Ariba Adapter
- Extend mappings for customer enhancements (5 mappings included)
- Test connectivity against Dummy Supplier
- Ariba Procurement Content (Catalog) integration for MM (Material Management) or SRM (Supplier Relationship Management)
Software Requirements to stand the RDS
- SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 EHP1, SPS 09
- SAP ERP 6.0 EHP5 SPS 03 or higher
- Ariba Network Adapter (Ariba Buyer Account) 11s2
The details of connecting with SAP to help deploy the RDS solution is available inside the Solution discovery section of the RDS Service Marketplace path. Am sure that this is data enough for you to plan your deployment strategy.
There is a boast of standing this in 4 weeks, this can be your week 1, so go for it
5.0 What to look forward to?
Tune into the ASUG Webcast Ariba Integration Made Easy – Strategy, Key Scenarios and Solutions to Ensure Success on February 7, 2013 @ 1:00 pm EST
Janusz Smilek, Package Owner, Solution Assembly and Knowledge Packaging, SAP Labs
Homiar Kalwachwala ,North America Practice Head, SAP Data & Technology Services
Scott Schwartzman , Rapid Deployment Solutions, NA Regional Lead, SAP America
Register using link: http://www.asug.com/events/detail/Ariba-Integration-Made-Easy
Also..the second RDS-Ariba adapter for addressing the Sell-side process working with SAP Information Interchange On-Demand is in the pipe-line
I am guessing that the use case of extending the B2B network transactions to integrate with the Ariba Network to complete the end to end story of the Buy and the sell side, am really looking forward to this solution
6.0 SAP Procurement and Ariba: The Social Outreach
Engage with the SAP Procurement and Ariba via these channels and join the conversation