Just like chicken wings, there is no shortage of Cloud Tweets this week. This week we have Dilbert commenting on IT, another Cloud Infographic, CMO/CIO wars, the evolution of Amazon + Google, and rain in the Cloud.
Tweet #1 – Dilbert is great for a laugh. See terms like Big Data, Cloud Computing, Analytics and In Memory computing as Dilbert engages with his boss.
Tweet #2 – The evolution of Amazon and Google as proof points and the Cloud influence grows and businesses deviate from their primary business model to succeed.
- Google’s Cloud business up 83% Y/Y (still only $314 million in 2012)
- Amazon expected to generate close to $4 billion Amazon Web Services (AWS) in 2013
Tweet #3 – I am a sucker for Cloud Infographics, this one on jumpstarting your Cloud journey
Tweet #4 – By 2017, the CMO will spend more on IT than the CIO. I would bet the Cloud has a lot to do with this trend.
- CMOs will be swimming in social and Web data, while CIOs will see shrinking budgets.
- Marketers want to do more with big data and need the resources to execute
- Marketing will need analysis tools and people
Tweet #5 – Don’t rain on my Cloud from Workforce magazine. Whether you are implementing a Cloud application for HR, CRM or ERP, the same rules apply:
- Do your homework with vendors
- Manage the change in your organization
- Switching to a Cloud based solution does not happen overnight
Enjoy the Super Bowl – I don’t have a rooting interest in either team, although SAP sponsors the San Francisco 49ers. I’m just hoping for a good game and good wings.