Pictograms – Use Your Custom Pictures
Pictograms are the small icon that is related to a portal object (such as iView, Page, role, etc…). Applications (such as workset map, service map or any custom application) can use this property for their needs (example: display an icon next to the relevant object).
Now you can control the Pictogram repository and add custom images, using the WRR (Web Resource Repository). Here’s short description of how to use this new feature:
1. Navigate to Content Administration -> Web Resource Repository expand the root folder and find the Pictograms folder.
2. Add any custom image(s) you like (better to have 40×40 pixel images). Detailed instructions on how to use the WRR can be found here
3. In Content Administration – use the property editor and change the pictogram attribute of any object; use your new images (they will appear in the dropdown list under the pictogram property.
Here’s an example of a demo iView using this new capability:
- You can control the location of the Pictograms folder (under the WRR) if you go to the NetWeaver Administrator (NWA)
- under the application: com.sap.portal.navigation.mimeservice
- find the service: navigation_mime_repository configurations
- property: Path to Web Resource Repository folder where pictograms are stored
- To return to the original pictograms provided by SAP also use the navigation_mime_repository configurations
- property: Restore SAP pictograms on service start need to be true.
- For official release infomation please see SAP note 1753605