Edit Web Dynpro ABAP themes in ABAP in Eclipse
We have published a survey (link) to check with Web Dynpro ABAP community, if they want a more modern and productive development environment for Web Dynpro ABAP applications development.
The results were quite positive and ABAP in Eclipse is going in the direction to provide support for Web Dynpro ABAP applications development.
ABAP in Eclipse 2.0 is just out as trial. Refer to blog to check how to download it: SCN Trial: ABAP Development Tools 2.0
ABAP in Eclipse doesn’t come bundled with Theme editor.Theme editor is available as standalone delivery which you can use to edit Web Dynpro Themes.
What about having Theme Editor installed within ABAP in Eclipse IDE !!!
One of the main objectives of ABAP in Eclipse was to bring all development scenario’s into one IDE. Using eclipse as a base it is enabled automatically.
Execute following steps to install Theme Editor in ABAP in Eclipse:
- Open the link Theme Editor download link
- Download “Eclipse PlugIn“ from the list of available downloads
- Install ABAP in Eclipse. Follow the blog to check exact steps: Enabling ABAP in Eclipse
- Open ABAP in Eclipse.
- Go to Help->Instal New Software and choose Add option.
- Choose “Archive” option and select the zip file downloaded from step 2.
- Follow the wizard. ABAP in Eclipse will be restarted
And you have Theme editor installed in ABAP in Eclipse. Now, you can do your ABAP development and also edit Web Dynpro ABAP themes using same IDE.
Refer to the document (Link) to know more about theme editor: