Hasso Plattner Insitiute in Potsdam, Germany recently launched openHPI, a worldwide social learning network that offers free courses on Information and Communications Technology. Register for free on openHPI and get access to the entire educational series. When you successfully complete a course, you receive a certificate from the Hasso Plattner Institute.
Sign up for this terrific program. The next course, Semantic Web Technologies, kicks-off on February 4 and runs for 6 weeks. The course is held in English, and there is no charge for participation. Learn cutting-edge stuff for free!
- Limits of today’s WWW and the vision of the Semantic Web
- Basic architecture of the Semantic Web including
- URI, RDF, RDFS, SPARQL, RDFa, Microdata and Triple Stores
- Knowledge representation and logics
- Ontologies, Reasoning with propositional logic and first order logic, Fundamentals of description logics, and the Web Ontology Language (OWL)
- Applications in the Web of Data
- Ontological Engineering, Knowledge Discovery, Linked Data, Semantic Search
- a basic knowledge of the foundations of logic, i.e. propositional logic, and first order logic
- a basic understanding of web technologies, such as URL, http, HTML, XML, and XSLT
- a basic knowledge of database technology, esp. relational databases and SQL query language