Nominate Next SAP Mentors Spring 2013
Is there a better day to ask for SAP Mentor Nominations than Community Manager Appreciation Day cmad ? After all most SAP Mentors have their own group of followers or a topic/space in the SAP field that they are actively managing.
Today when active community managers are celebrated and you think about these special people that you look up to and may even be your mentors in the SAP space, let us know by nominating them to become new SAP Mentors.
Once nominated we will contact them to make sure that they are interested and then there will be an internal selection process and we will announce the new SAP Mentors mid April about a month before Sapphire in Orlando.
Just posted the SAP Mentor Magic Foundation document which lists the Principles upon which the SAP Mentor magic is built.
Current status of that document copied right underneath here, just to ensure your candidate has what it takes. Passion is key, everything else is derived from that.
Lead by Example
- Be humble. Be helpful. Show respect and empathy in your dealings with everyone.
- As an SAP Mentor you are expected to be a peer mentor.
You are not better or worse than anyone else. Help people overcome problems by sharing positive examples.
- Be mindful that you are a representative of the SAP Mentors and conduct yourself accordingly.
- Own the right to be the voice of the community by being more active than most.
- Surprise us.
- Don’t take yourself too serious.
- Share the love.
- It’s the spark that ignites the people around us.
Constructive in Your Criticisms
- Base your criticism on facts.
- Voice your criticism directly to SAP first.
- Share it with other SAP Mentors in the private space.
You will gain new insights and your case will be stronger.
- Give SAP the chance to react.
- Afterwards you owe it to the community to voice it publicly.
- Criticism ideally comes with a suggestion for a practical solution.
No Culture of Entitlement
- As an SAP Mentor you are entitled to nothing from SAP – not even a shirt.
- As an SAP Mentor you are entitled to nothing from anyone who is not SAP.
- Be aware that Mark Finnern begs, borrows and steals each year just to get complimentary entry to SAP TechEd.
These tickets are not a right, they are a gift. And just because you got the gift last year does not mean you will get it next year.
- Be aware that SAP execs meet with us because they see value and want to – not because they have to.
Show respect by being there and be present.
- You are the voice of the community. Be active to know what it is.
- Get out and talk to people!
- Share experiences with all.
- Respect opinion of all.
- Make the whole greater than the sum of the parts.
- All public SAP Mentor events gain from the inclusion of non SAP Mentors.
SAP Mentors who are SAP Employees
- You are the link of all SAP Mentors in your field into SAP.
- Make that link and their voice come alive within SAP and beyond.
* Picture by Ali Samieivafa