This page is the entry point for the ABAP for SAP HANA Reference Scenario Open Items Analysis. It provides links to different ressources (such as guides, articles, blogs, and tutorials) around the reference scenario – which is an integral part of the SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.4 – and about the ABAP development for SAP HANA in general.
Reference Scenario – Overview
The ABAP for SAP HANA reference scenario Open Item Analysis aims to provide how-tos around the integration and leveraging of the power of SAP HANA in ABAP-based applications. It is part of the standard SAP NetWeaver delivery as of release 7.4 and is intended for testing and demo purposes. Not for productive use.
- ABAP for SAP HANA Reference Scenario – Overview Presentation
- ABAP for SAP HANA Reference Scenario – Overview Video
Different implementations of the Open Items Analysis reference scenario are available.
- Overview of Open Items Analysis using SAP Floorplan Manager
- Overview of mobile based Open Items Analysis using SAPUI5 and SAP Gateway
- Overview of Open Items Analytics Dashboard Scenario (Showing how to realize analytics on top of transactional data using SAP NetWeaver BI technology as well as a BEx Web Application for visualizing the data.)
Basics You need to Know
This section provides an overview about the essential ingredients of the ABAP development for SAP HANA.
|SAP HANA Platform||
SAP HANA is more than just another database – It is a Game Changer!
With its ability to process huge amount of structured and unstructured data at extreme speed, SAP HANA allows a convergence of OLTP and OLAP at real-time. Additionaly SAP HANA provides advanced and specialized engines and application libraries such as text mining, predictive analysis and geo-spatial.
The Code-to-Data paradigm is also known as Code Pushdown. It means delegating the processing of data-intensive computation from the application server to the database (i.e. SAP HANA).
To get more insights about this new programming paradigm in ABAP powered by SAP HANA, read these blogs/articles What the heck is code pushdown?, ABAP on HANA and “Code Pushdown”, ALV and FPM on SAP HANA and Getting Started with ABAP CDS.
Read also Spotlight on ABAP for SAP HANA
ABAP Development Tools for SAP NetWeaver (ADT, aka ABAP in Eclipse™) is mandatory when it comes to leveraging the power of SAP HANA in ABAP using features like Core Data Services and ABAP Managed Database Procedures.
SAP provides different eclipse-based SAP development tools (e.g. SAPUI5, Gateway, SAP HANA, Cloud, …) that allows you to develop end-2-end applications in the same IDE, Eclipse.
Find tunable ABAP custom code using advanced performance analysis tooling.Refere to Best practices, guidelines and videos about ABAP Test Cokpit, SQL Monitor and SQL Performance Tuning Worklist.
Have a look at the different capabilities offered SAP HANA to…
Best practices and Guidelines
- Performance Guidelines for ABAP Development on the SAP HANA Database: Read this blog and understand the impact of SAP HANA on the existing SQL Performance Guidelines.
- Best Practice Guide – Considerations for Custom ABAP Code During a Migration to SAP HANA: Document about the advanced and helpful performance tooling (ABAP Test Cockpit, SQL Monitor and SQL Performance Tuning Worklist)
- SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA Cookbook: End-to-end guide explaining how to implement the SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA.
|Related SCN Spaces|