Subsequent activities in SAP HR Payroll…
The following are the subsequent activities after payroll is run viz.,
1) Bank transfer:
2) Posting Payroll Results:
- Bank transfer: After payroll is run, SAP DME process will transfer payment amount to employees’ bank accounts as follows
- Run Preliminary DME Program: The Tcode to run Prelimiary DME Program is PC00_MXX_CDTA where XX = MOLGA. This program will prepare the payroll results for the DME process (i.e., Data Medium Exchange Process). It uses information from HR Masterdata (0001, 0002, 0006, 0009) and information from payroll results. (Payroll program tables WPBP and BT). This program creates a file which contains data which complies with bank regulations. If the values are inaccurate, you will need to correct the errors and re-run the preliminary DME program. If the values are accurate, you will use the file as input for creating bank transfer text files (DME file).
1. Enter payroll area and Personnel number. Rest of the selection criteria can be kept default and click execute
2. Note down the program run date and identification feature.
- Create DME file: The Tcode is PC00_MXX_FFOT, where XX=MOLGA. This program uses the successful file created by the preliminary DME program. It produces a payment summary, a DME Accompanying sheet and a DME file (per Company code) for each paying bank of company. The DME file may need to be uploaded into designated software that enables a transfer between company and paying bank (house bank or company bank).
1. Enter Program run date and Identification feature, Paying company code, payment method, House bank, Account ID, Currency, and click on execute.
(In other words, the company provides DME file to the house bank. Based on this DME file, the house bank will make bank transfers.)
2. Posting payroll results: Posting payroll results to accounting is done after payroll run. It is done once each payroll period, as well as after each off-cylcle payroll run. General Ledger (G/L)Posting involves the following:
- Grouping together posting-relevant information from the payroll results.
- Creating summarized documents.
- Performing the relevant postings to appropriate G/L accounts and cost centres.
How posting is evaluated: Each employee’s payroll result contains different wage types that are relevant to accounting.
- Wage types such as standard salary, bonus and overtime represent various expenses for the company, which are posted to a corresponding expense account.
- Wage types such as bank transfer, employment tax, employees’ contribution to social insurance are the employer’s payables to employee, tax office, and are posted as credits to a corresponding payables or financial account.
- In addition, there are wagetypes such as the employer’s health insurance contribution which represents an expense for the enterprise, and at the same time, a payable to social insurance agency. For this reason, such wage types are posted to two accounts—once debited as an expense and once credited as a payable.
- Create a posting run using Tcode PC00_M99_CIPE. This step creates a posting run based on payroll results, with a distinctive number, a ‘run type PP’, and the accompanying posting documents. The posting run ensures that payroll results for an employee are only posted once. Processed payroll results for an employee are flagged. If the posting run is successful, it gets the status, ‘Documents created’. If the posting run is unsuccessful, it gets the status, ‘Incorrect Documents’. Relevant error message will appear in output log.
A posting run can be executed in three modes.
- Test run without documents (T)
- A Simulation run with simulation documents (S)
- A Productive run (P)
Test Run (T): In a test run, the system checks only whether the balance of expenses and payables is zero as it should be.
Simulation Run (S): In both simulation and productive runs, the system checks all HR and RT tables and the posting information in master data to determine whether they exist and if they are consistent.
Productive Run (P): When you choose execute run for a productive run, the system performs the following steps:
- Selects the employees and their payroll results for the evaluation.
- Creates a posting run.
- Creates posting documents.
- Editing a posting run via Tcode PCP0. This step provides an overview of all documents created during the posting run. Alternatively, we can also access the document overview from the create Posting Run log by choosing the Document Overview button or by double clicking on the Document creation line. We can drill-down through these documents to identify the reasons for which errors have occurred for unsuccessful posting run (i.e., with an incorrect status)
Posting run status:
Initially, the posting run status should be Documents created. If the status is No documents created and you were expecting documents, go back to the previous ‘create a posting run’ step and retry. If there are incorrect documents, review the error message and resolve. Once error is resolved and status is ‘Document created’, select ‘Release Document’ Button and status will change to ‘All Documents Released’. Next click on ‘Post documents button’, status will change to ‘Documents Posted’.