SAP HANA Cloud Portal Documentation Set is Available Online
Are you trying to develop a specialized widget for your Cloud Portal site and want to know which APIs are provided with Cloud Portal?
Not exactly sure how to define your page settings on your company’s portal?
Are you trying to organize the content for your site pages but can’t find detailed instructions?
Finally . . .!
SAP HANA Cloud Portal (formerly known as SAP NetWeaver Cloud Portal) documentation now has an online home, here.
Our Cloud Portal documentation has been integrated into the SAP HANA Cloud documentation site. Along with the SAP HANA Cloud info dev team, we feel that is a natural solution for centralizing all the information that you need as a widget developer, site administrator, or page author. Documentation for other products operating on SAP HANA Cloud will soon join this platform as well.
Use the second option of the Cloud Portal documentation set to access the Cloud Portal documentation site. Notice that we are “SAP HANA Cloud Portal”, in contrast to “SAP HANA Cloud Platform”. . .
Taking a quick look at our documentation structure (in the left pane), you’ll notice the following:
- The Product Overview gives you general information about Cloud Portal. We intend to provide a number of end-to-end scenarios that illustrate the different directions your portal sites may take.
- Release Notes list the enhancements and new features that are included in the new version of SAP HANA Cloud Portal.
- The Getting Started with SAP HANA Cloud Portal is an end-to-end quick guide that takes you step by step through all the main processes of quickly creating a new site. Be sure to review this document!
- The Administration Guide is designed to assist site administrators in deifning content and themes for their company sites, and assigning the roles needed for creating and maintaining each site.
- The Authoring Guide is for site creators and authors. It gives comprehensive information about creating a site, selecting a theme, populating pages, inviting users, and publishing and maintaining the site.
- The Developer Guide includes the set of client-side APIs that are available for customers interested in developing content for their portal sites. This API set complements the APIs that are available for app creation using the SAP HANA Cloud tools as well. In upcoming Cloud Portal releases, we plan on also adding configuration documents to this guide.
Each month, when a new version of SAP HANA Cloud Portal is released, the newly-updated documentation set will be released to this site as well.