We often find questions related to Backflushing & COGI errors (Errors in Automatic Goods Movements during Confirmation entries).
Let’s recollect certain Basic details –
Goods movements can be created during the confirmation entry for the Production/Process order.
- If you confirm an order / operation with components that have the Backflushing indicator set, the system automatically posts a goods issue for these components. For more information about the Backflushing indicator, refer to the end of this section.
Automatic Goods Receipt
- If the control key of the operation being confirmed specifies automatic goods receipt, the system automatically posts the produced material to stock. Automatic goods receipt can also be activated by the production scheduling profile.
- Automatic goods movements are not permitted for materials that require serial numbers. However, if an automatic goods movement is specified for a material that requires a serial number then an error record is written. This error record can be displayed using the reprocessing function but it cannot be posted. Error records for materials that require serial numbers must be deleted manually. The goods movement must then be executed manually in inventory management.
We can control backflushing in the following objects:
- Material master – Backflushing key (MRP2 view)
- Work center – Basic data screen. This is only taken into account, if the material master stipulates that the work center should determine whether the material is backflushed. Work centers are assigned to a production order via the operations. The operations are copied from the routing used.
- Routing – component overview. This indicator is always taken into account, irrespective of the indicators in the material master or work center.
If the Backflushing indicator has been maintained in the master data, it is copied from there when you create a production order. You can change the indicator in the production order
Incorrect Goods Movement
If errors arise during a goods movement for certain reasons(for example, during backflushing insufficient stock is available in the warehouse) then you can either process the incorrect goods movements directly in the confirmation transaction or separately using a reprocessing function.
- Correction in the confirmation
- In Customizing for Confirmations (OPK4 – Goods movements indicator in the Error handling/logs area) you can define that, for individual entry of confirmations, the system displays an error log before it saves a confirmation with incorrect goods movements. Before you save the confirmation you have the option of correcting the incorrect goods movements.
- Correction when reprocessing
- If you want to process incorrect goods movements at a later stage, you can use the reprocessing function (COGI/CO1P)
The table AFFW shows the list of Goods Movements with Errors from Confirmations
We can clear many of the regular errors by setting up a batch job to run the program CORUPROC at defined frequency.Still, we need a regular manual intervention to check to clear the residual errors using transactions COGI (or CO1P), left behind after the batch job execution.
This is an attempt to prepare the list of Common errors seen in COGI and respective resolution actions.
Kindly feel free to suggest changes / additions to the list.
Listing few of SAP notes which could be useful reference, while analyzing the Goods movement errors –
- Note 540392 – FAQ: Automatic goods movements
- Note 545749 – COGI: How to correct certain errors
- Note 603615 – Old AFFW records can neither be processed in COGI nor CO1P
- Note 1631357 – Deletion of obsolete failed goods movements
- Note 730840 – Consulting: All goods movements receive the same error
While searching around, found another nice blog on COGI, by Tanya Duncan. Sure, many would find this an useful reference as well.
|Deficit of SL Unrestricted-use XX EA : XXXXXXX YYYY ZZZZ||
a.Add inventory to the respective Storage location & then post COGI
b.Change the Storage location entry to where the inventory is available
MB1B / MB1C / MIGO
|Storage location field empty||
a.Enter the Storage location
b.Maintain the Issue storage location in Material master or BOM
|Material XXXX YYYY ZZZZ does not exist||Extend the material to the plant / storage location & then post COGI||MM01 / MMSC|
|In plant XXXX , post to current period YYYY/MM||Change the posting date to current month/date and save||COGI|
|Posting only possible in periods YYYY/MM and YYYY/MM in company code XXXX||Change the posting date to current month/date ( within the referred posting period) and save||COGI|
|The plant data of the material XXXXXX is locked by the user UUUUU||Wait for or Request the other user to complete / let the material off his transactions & then post COGI||Wait for the unlocking & then post COGI|
|Material XXXXXXX YYYY ZZZZ blocked due to a physical inventory||Wait for the Physical inventory process to be completed / Request the Supervisor to clear the physical inventory & then post COGI||
|User Authorization Errors for certain movements||Get necessary authorization to the user / Post the transaction using the other users with the right authorization settings|
|Enter a vendor for special stock||Enter a vendor for the special stock (K,P) on the COGI detail screen||COGI|
Current order status does not allow goods receipt
|Check the Order and reset the status (like DLFL/CLSD) temporarily. to allow goods movements||CO02 –> COGI|
|Enter valuation type||Enter the valuation type on the COGI detail screen||COGI|