We have recently worked together with SAP Support in a ticket about SAP Strategy Management 7.5.
The customer implemented the tool more than one year ago, and now, a SSM issue “stopped” the production environment and gave us a big headache during few days.
First, let´s talk about customer SSM Architecture and releases.
- SAP Strategy Management 7.5
- Service Pack 10
- DataBase Version 75.10.0
- NetWeaver 7.2 (Oracle Database)
- Source data: E&A Interface (don´t have load process implemented into Application Server – all data come from manually input).
The SSM users was working with the tool normaly and suddenly the data that were displayed on the End Users Screens, stopped to be displayed.
1) First test done was check the Model Connetions and be sure that was all working fine. The follow connections were tested:
Acess DemoLauncher -> SAP SSM Administrator -> Manage Models
*** Connection made, logged on, database found *** 🙂
2) Moved to Application Server layer, and checked the Link ID connection (between Application Server and Oracle NetWeaver database):
Application Server Client -> Link ID´s -> SSM_CB_EA
Into Application Server, execute the follow command:
SUP USE MODEL EXCLUSIVE -> Click on DataView tab (be sure that exist data into the Dimensional Model):
No problems here. 🙂
3) Access CubeBuilder Interface and try Build PAS Model again (just to be sure):
Rebuilding PAS Model and analyzing the “cb_build_XXXXXX.trc” file (Cube Builder Log file), all the instructions compiled fine. 😎
4) Access Entry and Approval Interface and Load the manual input data again into the PAS Model.
Analyzing the “wfmde_update_XXXXXXXX.trc” file (E&A log file), all instructions worked fine.
5) After doing these steps, we tried to fix the issue, applying the follow SAP Note (SAP Suggestion):
1645293 – Data entered in Metric Set is not shown in PAS and Scorecard
The SAP Note was applied, but nothing changed. 😐
6) Check the Default Trace Parameter and analyse the log file:
Acess DemoLauncher -> SAP SSM Administrator -> Set system defaults
Ex.: File “defaultTrace_00.14.trc”
No error messages found into Default trace file.
7) Analyse the PAS trace file:
Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Strategy Management\ApplicationServer\home
These should be files called:
For a cube in particular, we have 3 log files, with different endings.
Please, analyse the follow log files(“_both”, “_cmd”, “_time”).
Analyzing the log file “XXXXXXXXXXXGUEST1358342361963_both.txt”, we found an error, in the end of the compilation process:
“…Internal Programming Error, File .\glib\ggetmat.c, Line 1253
An internal programming error has occurred. Please report this
condition to your Customer Service Representative.
8) Searching for SAP Notes, we found the follow:
1594340 – Error: Internal Programming Error, File .\glib\ggetmat.c in PAS.
Following the resolution steps into the Note, one of the steps is Load a dump file.
When tried do this, the follow issue happened:
“…Model is out of space…Either EXTEND it, or contact your Database Administrator for more information…”
9) Workaround to solve the issue:
Access the Application Server and run the follow commands in PAS:
- SUP USE MODEL_NAME
- EXTEND MODEL_NAME 30000
- SUP SHO DATE MODEL_NAME
P.s: Ensure that there is sufficient number of free blocks.
Using the EXTEND command, you can increase the size of a database.
This was the root cause, the number of blocks free into the database were over and stop to show data into End User Application Screens.
🙂 😆 🙂 😆 😉
I hope this help you.