REPORTING: There are two types of Reporting Levels in SAP HR
1. Flat reporting: Particularly suited to master data and line item reporting
2. Analytical reporting: Particularly suited to key figure reporting and multi dimensional views.
In other words, Flat reporting or line item reporting means reporting on uncompressed raw data from tables. Examples of reporting tools: Adhoc query and SAP query. This is nothing but reporting on data from infotypes.
Analytical reporting is reporting on compressed data (key figures). Example of reporting tool is Business Information Warehouse. Data is prepared for reporting in the form of info cubes.
Various ways of reporting in SAP HR:
1) Standard reports ( SAP EASY ACCESS MENU—Info systems)
2) HRIS (Human Resource Information System)—reporting using structural graphics
3) Manager’s desktop—Obviously a tool used by Managers to evaluate and change data
4) Adhoc query— tool that enables reporting in a flexible manner. Also known as ‘Info-set query’ in other SAP modules. Custom reports can be generated.
5) Business Warehouse (SAP BI) —an independent system in itself for the purpose of analysis and reporting. Business data is delivered in the form of business content.
1) Standard reports: These are the standard SAP reports. The menu path is SAP EASY ACCESS MENU—Human Resources—Info systems.
2) HIS (Human Resource Information System): We request reports using objects in hierarchy viz., Organizational structure or business event hierarchy. You can report on different components of HR. The T-code to go to HIS is PPIS.
Initial Access and Working with HIS
- Access Structural Graphics (HIS) via the T-code PPIS or SAP EASY ACCESS MENU—Human Resources—Info-systems—Human Resources— Reporting tools—PPIS-HIS.
a) The first time you access Structural Graphics, the system requires you to
enter the plan version you want to use. Enter 01 for the current plan
- version. Standard view and click on defaults and click on continue
b) Use the search help on the Organizational unit field and invoke a
Structural search ( SAM Corp ) to locate the object you require.
The Structural Graphics is started and make the selections as below and see your report..
3) Manager’s desktop:
- Theme and Function catalog.
- Using function codes these theme categories and function lists can be customized.
- Execute using drag and drop.
Procedure: Go to Tcode PPMDT or SAP EASY ACCESS MENU—Human resources. Just have a look at it.
4) Adhoc Query:
Powerful tool for reporting on any HR data based on Selection and Output fields.
Unlike all other reporting tools, the selection is made directly from database .
Accessing the database directly, significantly improves the performance.
Logical database is an ABAP program that provides a special view or particular view of the database tables in SAP system. Such special views or particular viewsare called infosets. These infosets are assigned to user groups. Examples of logical database are PNPCE, PCH. PNPCE to view HR Masterdata and PCH to report on Organisation Management.
Infosets and user groups form basis for Adhoc query. Infosets are created and assigned to user groups.
Procedure for Adhoc query reporting:
1. Creation of user group
2. Assign user to user group ( i.e., assign your username to user group )
3. Creation of infoset
4. Assign infoset to a user group
5. Creation of a query using Adhoc query tool for reporting.
5) SAP Business Warehouse: is a standalone system where reporting can be performed. SAP delivers Business Content for SAP BI System. SAP Strategic Enterprise Management offers complete solution for Strategic enterprise management which includes Balanced score card, Risk management, and Management cockpit. There is reporting feature in SAP Strategic Enterprise Management as well.
6) SAP Manager Self-Service: An intuitive, easy-to-use portal –based application that supports managers in their daily work. MSS comprises multiple intuitive Web applications that enable managers to display, create, and edit data in SAP systems using a browser.
Manager Self-Service contains multiple reporting and evaluation options on the basis of SAP ERP standard reporting and the SAP Business Information Warehouse
(SAP BI). HR business processes can still be triggered from the portal: for example, after an employee review, the manager can trigger a special payment to the employee from portal.