An outlook into 2013 for the Mobile and Cloud Platform Partner Programs
- In 2012, a triple digit number of partners signed up for the Mobile Apps Partner program (many are new partners for SAP) – within approximately seven months since program launch. As a result, 109 mobile apps contributed by partners are now live on the SAP Store. More than 150 additonal mobile apps are already in development by partners at the end of the year. Partners clearly focus on higher value use-cases and broader-scoped apps. The Mobile Apps Partner Center contains all public information on the program along with supporting resources in a structured manner, enjoys continuously high traffic with about 140 unique visits per day.
- The SAP NetWeaver Cloud Partner Program was launched at the end of last year, but already double-digit numbers of partners have signed up to the program – and the first application developed under this program has now been certified and will be live on the SAP Store presently (more info will be published here, update to follow).
For 2013, the focus will continue to be on developing a large, vibrant, open ecosystem around our core platforms (Mobile, Cloud, …). It is envisioned that the number of partner apps to be published on the SAP Store (in the framework of the two current partner programs) is to more than triple in 2013.
To reach this ambitious objective, and to support our partners, an extensive program framework is in place:
- a standardized global contract framework for each program,
- access to community networks and free trial systems,
- developer license starter kits and enablement services,
- certification and branding support, and
- promotion of partner apps via SAP Store.
This framework is continuously optimized to ensure that it supports the partners as best as possible. The partner apps are promoted via SAP Store: a one stop shop for SAP and certified partner mobile apps on ALL device platforms, the capability to reach 230,000 SAP customers and millions of business users, cutting-edge demand generation activities and social commerce and influencer initiatives.