Document Management System Integration with Production order( SFC)
Document Management System Integration with Production order( SFC):
This Document describes basic functionality Document functionality and integration with production order.Document Management system integration generally followed up by the business to follow correct business process in Shop Floor Control(SFC).
DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM INTEGRATION WITH PRODUCTION ORDER
- Document Management System-OVERVIEW
- Configuration Settings for DMS Integration
- DMS Integration
DMS integration creates the link between Document Management System(DMS) and Shop floor control( Production order)
Importance of DMS integration :
– Ensure the correct Document version supplied during the production Process.
– Tracking of each Document with the production order
– Customer has to ensure the correct production process following in Shop floor control.
DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM-OVERVIEW
- Document management can be used to manage drawings. All design drawings can be linked to material masters and Bill of Materials. A routing contains the sequence of operations for manufacturing a product. Documents can be allocated to the operations in a routing as production resources/tools. These documents may be used, for example, to describe the specifications of a product during the production process.
• Document Info Record:
Document info Record stores all the business related information
Parts of DIR:
Document Type : It categorize the Document according to the business functionality and organization aspects.
Document Part: Document part is used to manage the several documents in One Document Number.
Object Links :
Object Links can be used to manage the Document integration with Material master, Bill of Material etc..
CONFIGURATION SETTINGS FOR DMS INTEGRATION
Enable the document type with production order in DMS settings for automatic explosion of Document.
•Select the Document type then select Define Object Links
Enable the object PORDER WITH Screen number 251.This is used to transfer of Document from Material master or Bill of Material based on Production Scheduling Profile (Header material) Configuration.
Production Scheduling Profile Configuration: TCODE – CORY
•Assignment of Production Scheduling profile in Material Master –TCODE–MM03
Case 1: Document Links- BOM
When creating the production order Documents from Bill of Material copied to Production order.
Case2 : Document Links- Material
When Creating the Production order, Documents from Header material copied to Production order.
Case 3: Select Both,
Documents from Header material and BOM will be copied to Production order.
Document can be integrated via Document settings like Document type and production scheduling profile.
Control of Document type:
Document type controls the type of drawings, status management and transfer mechanism like automatic or manual.
Production Scheduling profile:
Controls the type of Document to be used in SFC like from Material master or Bill of Material.
Document can be linked to the production by the below methods
1. Automatic Generation of Document by Production Scheduling profile & DMS integration.
2. Manual Generation of Document in production order.
Automatic Generation of Document:
Document will be linked automatically during production order creation or release by production Scheduling profile.
•Manual Generation of Document from Bill of Material:
•Manual generation of Document from Material Master
PRODUCTION ORDER INTEGRATION
DMS integration -enable functionality of document to be used in shop floor Department.
Shop floor people can identify clearly the production process to achieve the production effectively.