These should become part of your regular administration tasks for the Quality Center server
– Pinging the DB server from Site Administrator.
– Pinging the projects from the Projects tab of Site Administrator.
– Verifying if the login works, in all projects, for several users belonging to different groups.
– Once logged in, try to navigate to the different modules and verify that no errors are displayed.
– Try to create a test, requirement, defect to verify that the write to the DB is correct.
If these tests are fine then you can safely assume that the system doesn’t have any issues. We also suggest to keep the Quality Center and Site Administrator logs activated in error mode for 2-3 days to catch any issues that cannot be seen by the above verification.
We also strongly suggest to build a test environment with the same configuration as the live environment. In this way you can test any configuration change before applying it to the production environment.