SAP BW 7.4 on SAP HANA / The In-Memory Data Fabric
With this blog Thomas Zurek sheds some light into the direction that SAP is taking towards a unified offering for building a data warehouse on top of HANA. The unofficial working title is the HANA DW. The blog is divided into 3 sections, each addressing the most pressing questions from customers who have already seen flavours of this.
Read about SAP’s overall Data Warehouse strategy.
Since SAP BW 7.4 powered by SAP HANA, we introduced a new modelling experience for BW using eclipse. This toolset provides a common user experience via a central, unified, modeling environment. Learn more about this with the new Video Learning Series on the SAP BW powered by SAP HANA – Modeling Tools in Eclipse page
The advanced DataStore object is available since SAP BW 7.4, SP8.
You are eager to use it for new data models and also for existing data flows?
In his blog Thomas Zurek resolves the confusion around the terminology of extended storage and dynamic tiering within HANA. Further details can be found in the presentation attached to SAP Note 1983178.(SMP Login required)
Read this blog from Marc Bernard to find out about the changes with a new SAP BW release or what features were introduced with certain support packages.
- Upgrade to SAP Business Warehouse 7.40SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse (not only on SAP HANA) continues to be the cornerstone of SAP’s strategic vision for enterprise data warehousing providing organizations a solid data foundation to capture, store, transform and manage data in a scalable, enterprise-ready data warehouse. See this presentation to understand the mayor steps for a successful upgrade to SAP Business Warehouse 7.40 SP06 and higher
- BW-IP/PAK Enhancements with SAP NetWeaver 7.40 SP8
This presentation mainly lists the removed limitations of the PAK by revision, explains the FOX enhancements for IP, shows how the support of the CompositeProvider in addition to the MultiProvider works, and describes the new master data maintenance UI based on WebDynpro.
- SAP Business Warehouse Demo Video Page
- SAP First Guidance Collection for SAP BW powered by SAP HANA– Application Specific
- SAP First Guidance Collection for SAP BW powered by SAP HANA – ALM Specific
- Positioning of SAP Business Warehouse powered by SAP HANA and SAP HANA Live for SAP Business Suite
- SAP BW 7.4 ABAP Support Packages Schedule and Implications
- Simplified Real-Time Replication
- SAP BW NLS Solution
- For details on restrictions of the BEx tools please investigate the SAP Business Explorer Space