A serious Bug that wasted a day on “Startup Plug” from application.
You define a component it is working with application fine. Sometimes you want to change that component into another component you created previously having its own window and view. ( if you use componentization chances are you will go through this more likely. )
A component already has startup plug defined. You go to application’s properties tab and select web dynpro Component & Interface view but the Startup Plug wont show up on dropdownlist for some reason.
Following is the workaround to solve this issue.
1) Create a new dummy component having windows and view and startup plug by default.
2) Remove Your application, delete it and recreate a new one. ( you can choose the same name of application incase you have previously deployed copy of it and want to retain it ).
3) Select your dummy component in application’s properties in references. Select its Interface view & startup plug.
4) Finish Creating your Application.
5) Go back to application choose your original component and its interface view and check if startup plug appears ( incase it doesnt try to remove application and recreate it ).
6) Once you are able to select your original component remove the dummy component.
I have written this blog, because it was a matter of trial and error and couldn’t find a solution for it. So I thought I share it here, incase someone gets stuck in same problem, it would save him/her time.