Retail Excellence – How to Change the Game. This is the title of one of the many great presentations that you will see at the SAP Theatre during NRF this year. Our customer M&S Mode, is part of Maxeda, the largest non-food Retailer in Benelux, and they will be presenting their story. They operate 450 stores in 6 countries in EMEA. M&S Mode has been a SAP Retail customer since 2003 and recently upgraded to SAP BW 7.0. They plan to continue to lead in the Retail space.
M&S Mode had been running on a variety of legacy systems for Finance, Supply Chain and Store Operations. These systems were outdated and needed replacement. After a careful process of selection for both the software and implementation partners it was decided in 2002 to implement SAP for Retail with SAP Partner, Capgemini. The implementation projected started in 2003 and in November 2004 the full SAP suite was brought live.
The strategy at M&S Mode has required an update due to the forces in Retail that are change drivers.
· Consumers demand personalization.
· Service becomes more important.
· Consumers expect greater channel mobility.
· Consumers remain selective.
· More delivery models will exist.
· Gen Z (18-25) will become a significant consumer.
· Sustainability and health will continue to be a focus.
· Increasing consumer appetite for new technology.
· More shopping time spent on awareness and choosing.
SAP and Capgemini are helping to make M&S Mode run better, grow, and drive Retail excellence across the business. Together this partnership is helping to change the game.