It is our pleasure to announce the highly anticipated general availability of SAP® Data Services 4.1 and SAP® Information Steward 4.1 !
No competitor offers a single solution like SAP Data Services for data integration, data quality, and unstructured text data processing (with one server, one UI, one administration). SAP Information Steward, which is based on core SAP Data Services platform, offers organizations an entry point to start data governance initiatives, empowering business and IT users with a single environment where they can collaborate and manage the quality of their enterprise data assets. Together they are an unbeatable Enterprise Information Management solution.
SAP Data Services 4.1:
- Big Data support up to 50% faster via data transfer ‘pipe’, and extracts from BW are now up to 10x faster; Micro-batching continuously loads changed data; Expanded Non-SAP systems support now includes Hadoop; Unstructured Text Data Processing now understands content in 31 languages, and entity extraction from social media content, and docs, pdfs, etc.
- Expanded data quality coverage: Full address cleanse coverage for India and for Mexico; Enhanced coverage for China, Japan, and EMEA data sets, and the first global data quality solution to achieve La Poste Ratification in France.
- Simplicity: Improved design-time productivity via the new Data Services Workbench UI to very quickly create batch loads for HANA, Sybase, and other databases in 3 easy steps; Plus simplified setup for multinational name, title, firm cleansing.
SAP Information Steward 4.1:
- Big Data support: Data impact and lineage capabilities now extended to include traceability through HANA views, enabling complete visibility from a report back to its sources.
- Information Governance: Data quality scorecards can now be surfaced in any business application for an immediate window into the quality of your data, available within SAP Master Data Governance today.
- Simplicity: Interactive duplicate record review for data consolidation; Organize data quality rules according to business relevant themes or objectives; Expose business term glossaries as a web service for easy consumption throughout the organization.
These, and many other great enhancements and updates, are available to you to download and begin leveraging today!
Links to Additional Details and Information:
- Product Documentation including What’s New – Release Notes, Upgrade and Installation Guides, etc.:
- SAP Data Services WIKI: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EIM/Data+Services
- SAP Information Steward WIKI: http://scn.sap.com/community/information-steward