This is the continuation of my previous blog SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 Monitoring Configuration SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 Monitoring Configuration – Part(1)
Schedule monitoring probes from the CMC
- Log on to the Central Management Console. http://Server:8080/BOE/CMC
- Go to Monitoring > Probes
3. Select the CMS Logon Logoff probe and click on Schedule
4. When the Schedule options appear, set the probe to run every 3 minutes from the current time to 24 hours later. We want the CMS Logon Logoff probe
to run every 3 minutes. Go to the Schedule section and set it to run every 3 minutes for the next 24 hours
5. Select the InfoView probe and set it to run every 5 minutes for the next 24 hours.
6. You should now see 2 probes set as scheduled from the Probes dashboard.
7. If the Infoview probe shows a failure, it is probably because the username/password it is using is not correct.
- Right-click on the probe and select Properties
- Edit the username/password, Click Save and Close. Right-click on the probe and select Run Now.
- Click the refresh icon, next to the Enable Auto-Refresh button.
- If you wish the probe screen to automatically update, select the ‘Enable Auto-Refresh’ button.
Creating a watch
The CMS probe is now scheduled and you want to base a watch on it so it generates an alert if the Logon Logoff action takes longer than 200 milliseconds.
- Go to Monitoring > Watchlist
2. Click on New and define a name, description for your new watch as showed in the screenshot. Set the number of states to Two (OK, Danger) and check the 2 options Show on Dashboard.
3. Click on Next
- Browse the available metrics and select Probes > BI40SIA.CMSLogonLogoff > execution time.
- On the right panel, set the Danger operator to ‘>=’ and value to 200 (or choose a value that appears just above the current average so that you get some alerts)
4. Click on Next. Leave the settings to default: alert notifications will be sent every time the threshold is reached and notifications
will be sent to the ‘Administrator’ or to any user.
5. Click on Save to save this new watch.
We will get the notification when the threshold is reached. To see the alerts when your CMS probe has been running for a few hours
you may have sent alerts to the Administrator. If required we can cascade the alerts to e-mail recepients as well.
- Log on to BI Launch Pad
- From the Home Page, notice the new Alerts from the Alerts module – if you have alerts you will see something similar to this.
3. Click on one of the alerts to view the details
Hope you find this interesting. Thanks for reading.
SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 Monitoring Blogs