Side Panel is a UI feature provided for SAPGUI applications. This provides additional data about various important fields displayed on the screen in a collapsable section on the right hand side of the screen. So user has access to additional information without navigating away from his screen of work. Here we will talk about how to add side panel for cases & records.
System requirements –
- Netweaver Business Client 3.5 patch level 5(NWBC)
- SAPGUI 720, pacth level 9
- SAP NetWeaver Web Application Server 7.31 & SAP_BS_FND 7.31 (EhP6 of ERP 6.0) – atleast one system with this configuration is required.However the side panel feature itself can be used for other systems on different versions using RFC.
How to add side panel for case in SCASE –
Side panel is based on attribute visible on the screen, So for example, you want to use Business Partner as an attribute for case and you want to enable side panel for it.
- First add the attribute for business partner to case or record You can refer to article How to Add an Attribute to a Case, Record and a Document in NW Folder Management (ex-Records Management) to see how that is done.
- Once the attribute is added then you need to tag the attribute using SAPGUI property collector & store it in Customizing View NWBC_VC_GUI_TAG. You can follow the help page Enhancing the Side Panel for this. For the entries generated using the property collector, please add the tags, life time info in NWBC_VC_GUI_TAG. The tags are basically for the chips inputs. For eg, tag for business partner is called /BSSP/:PARTNER(check for delivered tags for standard applications in NWBC_VS_GUI_TAG).
- Open the authorization role . Add your transaction to the menu tree & make note of the node id. Then for the side panel node in the menu,add the node id of the transaction in the application alias field.You can also add transaction names for achieving the same. Here is an example for the a delivered role. It is NOT recommended that you change the standard roles. Always copy & create your own roles & make changes to them. I would recommend using node ids instead of transactions. I have found that transaction names sometime do not work.
Please note that the side panel pages you will see depends again on the menu. For example – as given in the picture above, the transactions PB20 will have side panel with two pages – notes/attachments & collaboration. So if I wanted to have master details side panel page for PB20,PB30 & PB40 then I would have to add a node for that in the left hand side tree under the side panel node PB20.
Now if you start SCASE/SCASEPS/ORGANIZER again in NWBC then you should see the icon on the right side to expand the side panel. The lifetime attribute that you would added for the tagging entry in NWBC_VC_GUI_TAG will decide how frequently the data is refreshed.