Exploring the ECC Universe Possibilities
Stan Curtis of Department of Interior said they put their general ledger on Explorer during audit time and it made a difference. So I thought I would give it a try.
First I am going against ECC, and I have to create a Universe. I can only using InfoSets/Queries or ABAP functions, and since I am not too good at ABAP functions I decided to use an InfoSet. I confess this was the longest part of this process, everything else was fast.
Here are the steps:
1) Create an ECC InfoSet (SQxx transaction) – I am joining the account text table with our special ledger table:
2) Go to the Information Design Tool and create a universe against the ECC InfoSet
Notice I can create more “business friendly” terms in the Business Layer.
3) Next, logon to BusinessObjects Explorer from the BI LaunchPad
Create and Index the Information Space
The above is the view of the desktop version of Explorer
4) Now because I have the mobile version of Explorer set up on the iPad I can use the iPad to navigate the ECC universe
5) I can also use BusinessObjects Explorer on the iPhone but the interface is a little difference
Still a lot to implement from the BI4 Elite training.