Component Based Message Alerting On As Abap
As well known that Component Based Message Alerting is new feature of PI 7.31 .
I see lots of discussion on this and unclosed thread .There are very few blogs on CBMA .Here i am explaining the CBMA on AS abap .
I am taking very simple scenario that is SOAP to Proxy and configuring the CBMA on as abap .
Created the scenario SOAP to Proxy with simple integration engine Configuration .
- SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR,SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER, SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR, or SAP_XI_DEVELOPER roles is assigned to the user who is configuring the same .
- The system is configured to send mail or sms means <SCOT> is perfect configured .
Step 1 – When you want to use the new component-based message alerting maintain first alert parameter in integration engine configuration
Go to sxmb_adm->integration engine configuration then add two new parameter Category “Monitor” ALERTING_IS_ACTIVE value 1
and ALERTING_TARGET value 1.
Use of parameter ALERTING_IS_ACTIVE is to switch on alerting for this run time engine .
use of parameter ALERTING_TARGET to switch on component-based message alerting .
step 2- Create Alert in ID section
make it Yes on Parameter Enabled and Enabled in parameter Payload in alert .
Step3 – Define alert rule .
go to http://host:port/pimon
Configuration and administration->message alert configuration. here select your alert rule, click on edit then add and define your component from where
you want to trigger alert . As I am selecting configuration scenario .
And finally save the rule .
Step-4 Now we need to create distribution list on abap stack ..
go to SO23 and create distribution list , in distribution list enter e-mail address of users who should be notified when there are alerts .
Step-5 Go to se38 and execute the program SXMSALERT_SEND_VIA_MAIL
- Consumer of PI Alert: The name of the local alert consumer added to the alert rule. The default is ALERT-TO-MAIL.
- Max chunk size for alerts read: The amount of alerts read by the program from the alert queue in the system. The default value is 5000.
- Max detailed records in e-mail: The number of individual message details that would be included in the e-mail notification. The default value is 20.
- Distribution List: The name of the distribution list you configured as described above.
save it with any variant name and finally save .
Step-6 Now we need to schedule a background .
Go to sm36 then define a job . Give any appropriate job name click step button provide name of abap program and variant which we just created .
Click start condition and provide appropriate value and finally save and release the job .
You can check it on sm37 for monitor perspective .
Now we are done with configuration .
Testing : when i restart the failed message from sxi_monitor.I get the notification on my mail inbox that …
1 messages failed for “Alert_Demo” on “is.85.dx1s01”
The first 1 messages of that data collection:
MsgID: ” “
Timestamp: ” “
FromService: ” “
Interface: ” “
Namespace: ” “
ErrText: ” “..
Hope this blog will reduce the discussion .
Thanks and regards ,