As usual my worst enemy procrastination took over and I took my sweet time to blog about this. For the starters , this was my second SIT and it was an amazing experience this time. I was as always Just in Time for the event when Somnath Manna had begun introducing the concept of speed networking. At one point Somnath asked how many were repeat attendees to SAP Inside Track and there were very few hands that went up. A small side note which he shared was , there were 90 people who have registered and when he came in the morning , the room size was not large enough to accommodate all of them. Well he was not troubled with this as 40+ people turned up and logistics worked out well. Later we had a small discussion on how to get audience to this programs and the best we thought was every one of us could spread the around for this. And here I go.
The details of the event have been documented in Kumud’s Blog and I would not go about that. I had few observations and I would like to share them
- The flavor of the event was start ups. We had companies such as MIBS , Incture , Gyansys represented here and all of the mentioned companies actually presented a session. Some of them actually demonstrated some of the use cases or touched upon case studies.
- Among the traditional companies , the space was dominated by Deloitte , IBM , HCL, CIBER ,and Wipro. We had very strong contingent from Deloitte and they presented four sessions. From HANA to Basis they had every thing covered. I think if there was a team prize , then Deloitte would have won hands down.( Somnath Manna , Dipankar Saha we can think of introducing a team prize ).
- The basis session ( SAP LVM) by the Deloitte team captured attention of many participants. It had the lengthiest of Q&As and rightfully it won the first prize, though the points that separated the first and the second team was only 1 point. As luck would have it , Ritesh Menon’s session on BPM was second.
- There was nice session by Suvankar Bhaduri, product manager SAP ByD. Apart from the demo he actually introduced us to the use cases & implementation strategy for ByD. There is a app store for ByD and he encouraged participants to get in touch with him for more details on this.I was interacting with him on this , when he was called to pick up the name of the participant who would get a SAP Press book. He luckily picked me out 🙂 .Thanks Suvankar for that.
- All the sessions were presented by Bangalore based community members which happened for the first time. Organizers had to say to no people for attending which was quite something.
- A big shout for organizers who gave us another good platform to interact, share knowledge and network. Thanks to SAP Press for being the prize sponsor. I won the participant luck draw 😳 and was very excited by that.
Hoping for a bigger better SIT next year,