I’m pleased to announced that ESP 5.1 SP01 is now available on Service Marketplace. We had two big back-to-back milestones in the last week: ESP 5.1 successfully completed ramp-up and was moved to general availability (GA) status. That was quickly followed by the release of SP01 which adds the new high performance ESP output adapter for SAP HANA.
Highlights of the new version include:
- the new high performance output adapter for SAP HANA.
- operational monitoring of ESP servers and projects via Sybase Control Center
- several CCL extensions including new windowing types and a “splitter” to split a single stream into multiple streams based on criteria
- a Power Designer extension for common schema management across ESP and supported databases
- a number of usability enhancments
I would strongly encourage anyone using ESP 5.0 to upgrade right away – I have no doubt that you’ll appreciate the enhancements, and anyone starting a new project should definitely go straight to the latest version.
The updated product documentation (and there are huge improvements in the 5.1 doc set) is now live in the InfoCenter.