It is all about speed. How quickly can you answer all these questions? Nothing too tricky, all answers probably searchable on Google, but where is the fun in that (and you are not going to get through them quickly if you start searching).
Answers in the New year.
1. A boat is floating in a harbor with a rope ladder hanging over the side. The bottom rung of the ladder just touches the water. The rungs are an inch thick and 28.5 inches apart, if the tide rises 29.5 inches how many rungs will be completely submerged ?
2. An doughnut-shaped piece of iron is heated, does the hole in the middle get smaller or larger or stay the same size?
3. What is the opposite of “not in” ?
4. If you are in a race and you overtake the person in second place, what place are you now in ?
5. Together two items cost $1.10, one costs $1 more than the other what is the price of each of them ?
6. I have two coins whose total value is 35 cents, one of them is not a quarter, what are the coins ?
7. You have two buckets of water one at 30OC and one at 30OF, simultaneously two stones are dropped one into each bucket, which stone will hit the bottom of the bucket first ?
8. Which of these is the odd word out? catch, buy, throw, think, fight
9. What is the connection between these words ? invalid, entrance, live, read, refuse
If you enjoyed the quiz, perhaps you will enjoy some of my other posts about SAP Dashboards, get dashboard design lessons from the BBC weather site, understand why HTML5 is the perfect technology for dashboards and learn about self-service, self-service dashboards. (Full list here)
UPDATE Jan 4th 2013: Answers posted here.