Sourcing for External Requirements in SRM
Handling of requirement for sourcing is one of crucial activity in procurement area where identify the new Source of supply or assign existing contract to get maximum benefit on pricing.
There are multiple ways to handle Procurement of External Requirements in SAP SRM. In traditional way Purchase Requisition created in backend system transferred using standard report where as in new technology it’s SOA based communication.
Handling material as “Local Material” where leading Purchase Order created in SRM and than replicated to ECC system using extended classic scenario .This can be achieved in “Classic Deployment Scenario” as well.
PR Transfer to SRM: Traditional way of requirement handling
- Report BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER execution for PR transfer
- Maintain tables V_160PR & V_160EX to handle custom logic and configuration.
- Use of BADI BBP_BADI_EXTREQ_OUT OR user exit BBPK001 in ECC to handle custom logic for transfer requirement transfer. This BADI called before BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER .We can override the entire standard transfer as well as influence the grouping of requirements.
- Table EPRTRANS used for updating transferred documents.
- Trouble shoot using SMQ1,SLG1
- PI Involvement not required here .
After successful transfer of PRs and based on configuration in SRM system these external requirements will be available in SRM Sourcing cockpit as Shopping cart (SC) for further processing.
Collaborative Processing of Purchase Requisition (CPPR)
From EHP4/ERP 6.0 requirements can be transferred using Collective Processing of Purchase Requisition (CPPR) .In both ways we can handle custom checks like Purchase Group/Material Group validations.
As per Collective Processing of Purchase Requisition handling of Direct Material possible in SRM .Here creation of Purchase Order done in SRM system where deployment scenario is “Extended Classic” .
- External requirement transfer using CPPR can be access from portal
- Using BADI ME_REQ_SOURCING_CUST we can handle custom logic for additional validation .Parameters available on PR documents for Plants\Purchasing Group etc validations .
- Additionally we can check follow-on document from PR i.e. RFX or SC in sourcing cockpit
- PI is mandatory component to process XML messages for CPPR.
To handle CPPR for “Direct Material” procurement using “Classic Deployment” we need to implement BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS BADI .This is P2P(Procure-to-Pay) cycle where purchase order created back to ECC system from existing source of supply. Additionally SC created with Document type “EXTR” where we are handling Materials as “Externally Procured” backend materials. Here EXTR document created by RFC user.
RFC user in organization structure of SRM should have valid plants and company code attributes assigned .Processing user should have harmonized purchaser portal roles.
- RFC User need to assign at root node of SRM organization structure with all required attributes i.e. Plant or company codes
- Newly added Plants/company code should be assigned to user attributes of RFC User via Inherit way
- RFC User responsible for creation of Shopping cart in SRM system
- Plant and company code assignment should exist in ECC system for Classic scenarios
- Harmonized Roles for portal user :
- Ø Operational Purchaser (SAP ERP)
- Ø Strategic Purchaser (SAP ERP)
- Ø Operational Purchaser (SAP ERP/SAP SRM)
- Ø Strategic Purchaser (SAP ERP/SAP SRM)
Probable Cause of Error
- Plant or company code assignment restrict PO creation in backend system
- Missing attributes for Plant or Company code to RFC user will not allow PO creation for desired plant or company code.
- In CPPR process unable to create XML message in ECC system due to missing event linkage for Business Object(BO) BUS2105 : Purchase Requisition in ECC
1232945 – BP for SRM 7.XX: Installing the Business Packages
1263876 – SAP SRM: Configuration of Procure-to-Pay Scenario
1113524 – Badi ME_REQ_SOURCING_CUST Changes