After the first version supported mainly products based on SAP NetWeaver 7.3x, Software provisioning manager 1.0, the successor of the product- and release-specific delivery of provisioning tools, now supports products based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0x and higher:
- Products based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0x
- Products based on SAP NetWeaver 7.1x
- SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.2
- Products based on SAP NetWeaver 7.3x
- Products based on SAP NetWeaver 7.40
- All including standalone engines (such as SAP liveCache)
For more information, see SAP Note 1680045.
Instead of using the installation and system copy tool SAPinst from your installation media, always download the lastest version of software provisioning manager 1.0 and profit from the latest features, fixes and platform support. For example, old SAPinst versions often do not support new operating system and database versions – instead of compiling your own installation media (including reading many SAP Notes, downloading and compiling required files, and adapting command files), download software provisioning manager 1.0 and get an up-to-date version of SAPinst. Software provisioning manager 1.0 is available via the Software Logistics Toolset.
Of course, usage of software provisioning manager 1.0 is optional, so you do not have to change your reliable procedures using the old tool versions, if you are fine with them.
Nevertheless, I think it has never been that easy to profit from the following benefits:
- One download location for all SAP products and product versions based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0x and higher
- Regular update with fixes, new features, support for latest releases and platforms
- Example: new database version released backwards for SAP NetWeaver 7.01? No problem, handle your system with the latest version of software provisioning manager 1.0!
- Smaller/less SAP Notes to consider, as latest fixes are already contained in the tool
Keen on giving it a try? Download the tool and the latest version of the documentation directly from the Software Logistics Toolset page in SAP Service Marketplace at: http://service.sap.com/sltoolset (SMP login required)!