The diificultyof SAP to succinctly express its cloud strategy has been depicted by influencers, customers and now recently SAP itself. I’ve also emphasized that SAP’s cloud-related messaging must be improved.
After reading and hearing enough complaints on the subject, I decided I wanted to take a different approach.
I wanted to figure how why it is so hard to effectively communicate this cloud strategy.
I whipped a few slides together and then created a video of me talking about the slides. It was a one-take wonder – so I’m sorry about all the pauses and “umms” as I’m collecting my thoughts.
A quick summary:
- Quick chronology of SAP’s cloud efforts
- The variety of solutions and its impact of cloud marketing
- The impact of the reduction of complexity
- The need to cover all layers
- Satisfying all constituents
- Organizational factors: The three gangs
Note: My intention here isn’t to criticize SAP’s cloud marketing but rather – by exchanging chairs at the proverbial table – to better understand how their environment (historical, organizational, etc) influences their efforts.