If you attended SAP TechEd Bangalore in 2010, 2011 or/and 2012, I’m sure you didn’t miss the SAP TechEd Live studio. While the keynotes, Demo Jam and entertainment take the main stage, the SAP TechEd Live Studio certainly takes center stage at the event!
With three seasons under our belt, our annual pilgrimage to SAP TechEd Bangalore is fast becoming a tradition for the film crew and I and it’s always great seeing familiar faces again and meeting new people in and around the studio and SAP campus.
I was lucky enough to work at SAP TechEd Las Vegas this year so I got a chance to compare both. Not bad or good but more about the contrasts overall (and the menu, of course!) What I’ll say is what the Bangalore venue lacks in style the attendees make up with their passion. As one visiting colleague (a speaker) told me, all the questions he feared in Madrid ended being asked in Bangalore!
Another exciting first for me this year was to host not one but two interviews:
- More Straight Talk from Members on the Power of SAP Community
- INDUS: Connecting, Collaborating & Co-Innovating
…you know what, I kind of liked being host 🙂
Speaking of which, we had over 40 broadcasted and recorded interviews this year from Bangalore touching on Big Data, HANA, Cloud, Mobile, Community, Innovation, Education, SAP (of course) and more. Participants also included everyone from SAP employees to partners, customers, SAP mentors, students, geeks, suits and more. I’ve listed them all on SAP TechEd Live 2012 Bangalore Interviews and encourage you to visit SAP TechEd Online to see a listing of all SAP TechEd videos available including the keynotes, Demo Jam, highlights, lectures and more.
Some notable highlights include the following:
- SAP HANA Applications Portfolio Update with Uddhav Gupta and Jeffrey Word: what’s coming from SAP HANA – enough said 😆
- AADHAAR, an Identity for a Billion Indians with Srikanth Nadhamuni and Sujit Saraf: talk about Big Data!
- Mobilize Workers…Anytime, Anywhere with Rajeswara S Rao and Craig Cmehil: not just about mobile devices but about keep people like you and me productive on the go and giving us flexibility our time.
- SAP Labs: Driving Innovation with Clas Neumann, Liam Ryan, Mickey Steiner, Stefan Wagner and Chip Rodgers: The SAP Labs network is an integral part of the company and the local innovation climate they are located in.
- SAP Mentors: Lessons from Working Abroad with Jansi Rani Murugesan, Arun Varadarajan, Harshit Kumar and Mark Finnern: sometimes relocating within the same country is like going to work abroad.
- SAP TechEd 2012 Bangalore Program Wrap-up with Md Nadeem Haque, Sudipta Roy, Mohammed A K Rao and Philippe Rosset: did you know it take a whole year of planning for 3 packed days of innovation, collaboration and learning? Meet the people behind the scenes.
Lastly, this being my 5th time in Bangalore, I thing it’s about time I start compiling what I know about it: where to shop, eat, visit and how to get around. Sadly, traffic seems to be getting worst by the day and it’s getting hard to remember the quiet green city I first visited 7 years ago but luckily more of my favorite shops and restaurants are opening up in Whitefield too (Zodic, Fabindia, MTR, Cafe Coffee Day and so on). Have a look at my Whitefield, Bangalore Visitors Guide and feel free to make any additions.