We have heard your feedback: “How will I know when to expect a new version of SAP BusinessObjects Mobile, or SAP BusinessObjects Explorer Mobile? I need to know what’s coming and when, before my users get the notification on their devices.”
It makes sense – because we deliver these apps via non-SAP app stores, there has been a lack of visibility into the timing of releases.
To address this, the product and AGS teams worked together to use the existing Knowledgebase Notifications as the ‘push’ process to try to keep customers informed of new releases. This process requires tethering the Mobile notifications to platform notifications, and since the Mobile BI apps leverage the platform, this is a good thing.
We will trigger a knowledgebase article a few days before the app gets pushlished to Apple iTunes or Google Play stores. The article will list the key new features, and have links to the documentation.
Here are the steps you need to follow to sign up for email notifications:
1. Go to the URL http://service.sap.com and click on the SAP Support Portal to sign-in
2. Go to Help & Support > Search for SAP Notes
3. Select ‘SAP Analytics Notifications’ from the list on the left hand side, then choose select Maintain my Notifications and Newsletter Subscriptions
4. Select the frequency by which you wish to receive the newsletter.
5. Select My SAP Analytics Notifications and choose Define
6. Select Create Filter and give the filter a name.
7. In the next screen, select the product for your notifications. Choose any of the following products to subscribe for SAP BusinessObjects Mobile release updates:
SBOP BI Platform (Enterprise)
SBOP Explorer Package
8. Click Save Filter
9. Now you will see a list of Notification KBA’s for platform releases, but also those KBA’s which notify specifically about new SBOP Mobile BI Application releases:
These steps are also detailed in the following kBase: https://bosap-support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1792035
Special thanks to Sarah Kinmond and Viswanathan Ramakrishnan for setting this up!