The wireless industry has become as competitive as ever. Traditional carriers such as AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile are under constant pressure from a variety of new and existing players to attract and keep customers in a market that has 105% penetration. In addition, carriers need to drive new sources of revenue as the margins on voice calling continue to decline. Wrap all of these issues into a fast-changing technological environment and you have quite a challenge.
In today’s world, you need all of the tools available to gain a competitive edge. One that should not be overlooked, is SAP HANA.
SAP HANA is a powerful in-memory database that allows for real-time analytics, predictive analysis, and forecasting by combining data from multiple sources into a single platform. This allows you to understand your customer needs better than ever and accelerate your business decisions to provide customers an exceptional experience. As we continue to capture incredible amounts of data, it is important that we are able to use the data for a competitive advantage.
SAP HANA provides the following:
· Access to data from multiple sources
· Ability analyze detailed information
· Incredibly fast access to information
· Simple, usable, real-time reporting
With SAP HANA, you can:
· Analyze information in real-time at unprecedented speeds (up to 3600X faster than traditional databases) on large volumes on non-aggregated data (100 billion rows of information per second)
· Create flexible analytic models based on real-time and historic business data
· Foundation for new category of applications (e.g. planning, simulation) to significantly outperform current applications in category
· Minimize data duplication
SAP HANA has many advantages over other similar products. It can provide data modeling, data management, real time data replication and it can be run seamlessly with SAP Data Services for ETL Capabilities from SAP Business Suite, SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse, and 3rd party systems.
Imagine the ability to sync, on a real-time basis, a customer’s information to all departments in your organization:
· Sales and marketing can instantly analyze the services requested by customers and distribution channel performance metrics for improved promotional and behavioral adjustments
· Engineering can review system utilization and anticipate system needs for improved performance
· Finance could provide profitability by customer at any time and sales commission information at point of sale vastly streamlining the reporting and reconciliation processes
· Customer service can track customer feedback and representative performance metrics for improved customer experience
· Supply chain can track equipment sell-through and improve equipment forecasting
The SAP HANA Information Composer provides a web based environment for users, both technical and non technical, to upload data into the database and generate reports leveraging the underlying database to make real time decisions.
Currently, T-Mobile is implementing SAP HANA to analyze their customer base. With the acceleration of data needs in a expedited manner, it is certain that we will see many other companies in this industry adopt this tool to improve their business.