In this blog post, I want to show step by step creation of Connectivity to SAP BI Server in Information Design Tool to access the InfoProviders, Cubes, Multiproviders, BEx Queries directly from Webi report or Crystal Report or Dashboards.
Step1: Create a Session.
2) Enter the Enterprise hostname and user credentials.
3) Now an connectivity to the Enterprise is established. You see two folders “Connections” & “Universes”. Now right-click on the folder Connections and Click on Insert OLAP Connection.
4) Enter the OLAP Connection Name and Description and Click Button “NEXT”
5) Select the Middleware Driver “SAP BICS CLIENT” to connect to SAP and Click on button NEXT.
6) Enter the SAP BI Server and SAP BI Logon Credentials to establish a connectivity.
7) Click on Test Connection and Click button NEXT.
8) Select the “Do Not Specify a cube in the connection” option and click button FINISH. This will create connectivity to access all InfoProviders or Cubes or Multiproviders or BEx Queries in SAP BI server.
Now you can access the BEx Queries from WEBI or CRYSTAL or DASHBOARD Designer for designing the reports without universe.
For more Information. click on the link http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/60ad3c37-b90f-2e10-da88-cbadc6f6fed1&overridelayout=true