“Event Management” Solution Template
Update for 1302:
Today, I want to share the information on my solution template “Event Management”.
You can download the solution template (from the Business Center, see details below) and import it into a customer-specific solution. The template is for Customer OnDemand 1302. In the template you will find functionality to create events (for example operas, rock concerts) and related reservations.
I have implemented two “main” business objects for events and reservations. The main focus is on the new UI features such as feed, search, flags and favorites, and the “new” UI types Quick Create, Quick View, and Thing Inspector. In addition I have implemented an embedded component on the event BO and included this into the SAP account thing inspector.
The following pictures are screenshots from the solution:
Events used as references in feed:
Search for events:
Flags & favorites on events
Object work list for events
Thing inspector for events
List of events as new facet in the account thing inspector (SAP UI):
The solution is also enabled for the iPad, see more details in Custom UIs for the iPad in Customer OnDemand
How to use the solution template?
- Access to a SAP Could for Customer (Customer OnDemand) 1302 tenant that is enabled for customer-specific development
- Partner development authorization (Partner Development work center)
- SAP Solutions OnDemand Studio 1302 installed
To import the solution template into your solution:
- Go to the SME Business Center, Wiki, SAP Business ByDesign Studio, Best Practice for Implementation ( https://wiki.sme.sap.com/wiki/x/UIcqCw )
- Go to the the section “How-To Guides with Solution Templates” and download the zip file with title “Event Management” to your computer.
- Open the studio, logon to a COD tenant, create a solution with Type = “Customer-Specific Solution” and Deployment Unit = “Customer Relationship Management”.
- In the studio, open the Implementation Manager (View -> Other Windows -> Implementation Manager).
- Click “Import Solution Template” and select the file that you downloaded to your computer. The system imports the template into your solution. During import, the system copies the artifacts into your solution (this means technically, it changes all namespaces in the artifacts to your new solution). After the import, you can change and adopt the artifacts.
- In the Solution Explorer, select the solution and select Activate from the context menu. The system generates the runtime artifacts.
- In the Solution Explorer, select the solution and select Update Authorizations and Access Rights from the context menu. The system updates the authorizations and access rights.
- In the Solution Explorer, select the Business Configuration item and select Deploy Business Configuration from the context menu. The system generates the runtime artifacts.
- Open the Business Users view in the Administrator or Application and User Management work center, select your user and assign the Event Management work center to your user (under Edit Access Rights).
See also the documentation on solution templates. (To download the documentation, select https://help.sap.com/sdk , SAP Solutions OnDemand Studio 1302, Complete help: Print version. In the documentation, see section “Solution Templates Quick Guide for Customer-Specific Solutions”)
What are the details of the solution?
The template contains the following entities:
- Event: represents events (performances) including name, date, seat price and number
- Reservation: represents reservations for a specific event
- Number: is used to create “human-readable” event numbers and reservation numbers automatically
- TestDataCreator: can be used to create some demo data (start the TestDataCreator Quick Activity directly from the studio. Use the Create/Delete buttons to create and delete Events and Reservations. Click “Save” to save the events/reservation on the database.
In the BOs itself I have implemented:
- Validation/determination for account, employee, date, and some more fields
- Get a event/reservation number automatically
- I did not implement yet the business logic, such as availability check
Work center Event Management, with Events view and Reservations view
- Object work list, quick create, quick view, thing inspector for events and reservations. I created these UIs using the “Create Screens” wizard for the Event and the Reservation BO. Subsequently, I adopted the following features in the UI designer:
- Adopt field properties, remove some fields, configure primary and secondary texts
- Change titles
- Change input fields (AccountID, EmployeeID, …)to Object Value Selector (OVS) select OVS from COD path (BYD_COD/SalesOnDemand/Account/UI/COD_Account_SOVS.OVS.uicomponent, … )
- Custom Object Value Selector OVS Event BO, used in the screens of the Reservation BO
- Thing-based navigation for Account, Employee, using the associated thing type feature (COD_ACCOUNT_TT, COD_EMPLOYEES)
- ID/Description mapping for example for Account & Employee (for example: “ToAccount-.CurrentCommon-~BusinessPartnerFormattedName”, …)
- The UIs are enable for iPad.
- Embedded component: “List of Events” that can be included into the Account thing inspector. The change transaction that does the include is not part of the template.
- Data source “CapacityUtilization”: You can use the data source to create a report on top of it and assign it to work center view. The report and the work center assignment is not part of the solution template.
The following documents may be helpful as well:
- Thomas Schneider: “SAP Business ByDesign Studio — Application Development” http://www.sap-press.com/products/SAP-Business-ByDesign-Studio-%E2%80%94-Application-Development.html). Although the book is written on ByDesign Studio, you can use it also as introduction if you start COD custom development. Most of the content is valid for both solutions.
- Thing-Based UIs and Custom Solutions in Cloud for Customer
- Customer-Specific Solutions and Template Solutions
- Custom UIs for the iPad in Customer OnDemand