Which Inbox When? Choosing your #Workflow Inbox
This is a topic that crosses a few boundaries… the original blog has been posted in the Business Process and Management space… but to make sure that everyone in workflow views it I repost the link here.
As a workflow person in ANY environment use this to decide:
- Whether an email inbox can act as a workflow inbox or not?
- If I’m upgrading or considering an upgrade to our ECC, SRM, CRM or other SAP Business Suite application in the near future… What are my options?
- If we are upgrading our SAP NetWeaver PI to SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration (which includes SAP NetWeaver BPM)… How does this change things?
- If we have installed or are planning to install SAP Netweaver Process Orchestration (or SAP NetWeaver BPM) standalone… How do I get a central inbox that covers both BPM and Business Workflow?
- If we are considering using workflows or BPM Processes on multiple devices such as Mobile Phones, Slates, Tablets, Mini-Tablets … Are there any standard offerings SAP provides or is planning to provide?
- If we are considering workflows or BPM Processes in a SAP Cloud… Are there any standard offerings SAP provides or is planning to provide?
- If we still think we need a custom workflow inbox … how do I pull both work items and BPM tasks into the same inbox?
I hope that everyone finds the blog useful. Please post any comments onto the original blog.