Use Case: All sales reps should be able to see an overview of all accounts in Customer OD. But they should be allowed to inspect the details & edit only those accounts that they have access to.
With Customer OD out-of-box solution, the access to accounts can be set to restricted or unrestricted. If restricted, sales reps cannot see accounts in the company that they don’t have access to even with “All Accounts” filter.
1) Create a new WC, WC View and SADL OWL (mapping to to “Customer” BO in BusinessPartner namespace) using SDK.
2) Filter query results from “Customer” BO such that only “corporate accounts” are returned (using category code = 2).
3) Provide “Proviliged” access to this new OWL.
4) Assign the new WC to Sales Rep to see an overview of all accounts in Customer OD.
5) Clicking on Account name will open the inspector with content if the Sales Rep has authorization to see and edit that Account, else a blank inspector is opened.