SAPPHIRE NOW is already a few days behind us: time to recap some of the highlights.
The “SAP Mobile App Challenge 2012 for Partners in EMEA & DACH” reached its climax with the announcement of the winner and finalists in an impressive award session – see the video. The winning apps were chosen from over 350 submissions by more than 150 partners. The Award session was moderated by Bend-Uwe Pagel (Platform Ecosystem & eChannels) and the awards were handed out by Franck Cohen, President EMEA and Oliver Bussmann, SAP CIO. The mobile presentation theatre was overflowing with attendees.
The WINNER of the “SAP Mobile App Challenge 2012 for Partners in EMEA & DACH”: proaxia consulting group ag (Switzerland) with the “Mobile Service Advisor” – YouTube movie.
- 2nd sovanta AG (Germany) with the “sovanta® Citizen App“
- 3rd DS Group S.p.A. (Italy) with the “BusinessPad“
(Link to the movie of the event will be included here once available)
Additional SAPPHIRE NOW HIghlights included:
- The event was preceded by a dedicated Partner Summit, organized by SAP’s Ecosystem and Channels Organization on Monday. This event already allowed us to interact with many partners onsite to inform them and to get their feedback about many topics – also SAP’s Mobile App Partner Program.
- The mobile demo area allowed the customers to try out 50+ partner apps. In addition, numerous partner apps featured in other demo stations at SAPPHIRE NOW and TechEd and in numerous presentations.
- The SAP NetWeaver Cloud Partner Program was launched, and immediately grabbed the attention of many partners.
- Select partners were also invited to a Partner Breakfast on Tuesday morning – and although this started at 7:00 a.m., the speakers Nick McQuire of IDC and Wolfgang Faisst of the SAPStore team managed to attract ~30 participants at this early hour.
- The Platform Ecosystem & eChannels team had >50 1:1 discussions with partners, to explain SAP’s Mobile App Partner Program and to understand the partner’s roadmap to the SAPStore. The Program continues to resonate well with the partners, and some partners indicated their success in using the SAP Store as a go to market channel, which has already generated leads.
From left to right: Michael Kern (sovanta), Romeo Quartiero (DS-Group), Bernd-Uwe Pagel, Oliver Bussmann, Peter Lindtner (proaxia), Franck Cohen
Bernd-Uwe Pagel (SAP), Florian Decker (SAP), Romeo Quartiero (Finalist, DS-Group) and Clemens Suter-Crazzolara (SAP)