Be the “U” in ASUG – Submit your Abstract for ASUG Annual Conference 2013
ASUG Volunteers invite you to submit an abstract for ASUG Annual Conference, co-located again with SAPPHIRE NOW, for May 14-16 2013 in Orlando, Florida. On the ASUG side of the conference the typical focus is customer stories. You can submit your abstract here.
What are the benefits of presenting at ASUG Annual Conference?
- Attend the conference for FREE
- Showcase your knowledge and company with other attendees and peers – build your “brand”
- Earn (if eligible) Customer Appreciation Points from SAP
I offer some suggested abstract submission tips:
- Come up with a catchy title. One of my favorite titles was “You Unplugged WHAT?” and the abstract discussed disaster recovery
- “Select a clear, informative title that contains all the key elements of your presentation” a quote from Mary Bucholtz, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Have someone else unfamiliar with your topic review your abstract prior to submitting. It will help remove confusion
- Think of your audience – is it beginner, intermediate, or advanced?
- Share your story – what were the lessons learned, tips / tricks, roadblocks and how you overcame them
Personally I have been scared to speak publicly before, but the more I do it, the more I learn.
The twitter hashtag is #ASUG2013
Photo provided by ASUG
Important Information From ASUG:
- All presentation titles must be limited to 150 characters or less.
- Abstracts are limited to 100-150 words. Please be as thorough as possible when describing the presentation content. Abstracts will be reviewed on their completeness; incomplete abstracts or abstracts of less than 50 words will not be considered.
- All submitters will need to supply key learning points for the submission. Key learning points will identify the three key concepts this presentation will provide the primary audience.
- All accepted speakers are required to participate in a mid-point review in the March/April timeframe to ensure abstracts are aligned with content.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts a potential speaker can submit.
- All submissions must be received prior to 11:59 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 7, 2012, to be considered for the 2013 ASUG Annual Conference.
The Speaker Complimentary Registration Policy for the 2013 ASUG Annual Conference: (Source: ASUG):
One (1) primary and (1) secondary presenter who are identified at the time of abstract submission and whose abstracts are accepted will receive a complimentary registration to the conference, provided at least one of the speakers is an SAP customer. Secondary presenters who do not qualify for a complimentary registration are welcome to attend the event at a discounted presenter registration rate and will be listed in the event marketing material.
If you have more questions please e-mail email@example.com
Photo Courtesy of ASUG
Yes, the conference is big but it is a lot of fun too and a chance to learn from fellow customers, SAP, and partners. I am borrowing the quote from fellow ASUG volunteer Gretchen Lindquist and ask you consider to be the “U” in ASUG to submit your abstract by December 7th. I hope to see you in Orlando in May.